[CURRENT ISSUE] Several Issues after incomplete Installation

by crinrict

Original Post

Icons don’t show up, skins are broken

★★★ Newbie

After the recent update some of the icons on the home page are showing up as llamas same thing with the save button on the gallery. Also after the update my cc skins are showing up broken and even if I take the skins off the sims skin is still broken. My mods and cc are on 

Message 581 of 1,476 (928 Views)

Re: Missing textures after new patch

★★ Novice
@crinrict I'm not sure how to use this site or anything but I'm having the exact same problems with mine. I have all the expansion packs but like 3 and the glitch started yesterday after the game updated. I uninstalled the game then reinstalled it all, still there, I repaired it and it's still there.
Message 582 of 1,476 (930 Views)

Hero
@briter_paige Try another repair. The issue is caused by an incomplete installation (OR custom content) and if the repair fails just as the installation, it can still occur.

Make sure you wait until all packs are repaired before clicking anyhting.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 583 of 1,476 (928 Views)

Re: Icons don’t show up, skins are broken

@MissLexi09  Try repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 584 of 1,476 (917 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict I did another repair and the glitch is still there. I'm not sure what to do. I have no mods or cc on the game. If I start a new game everything is fine, my current family is the only thing messed up.
Message 585 of 1,476 (913 Views)

Hero
@briter_paige with question marks or invisible ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 586 of 1,476 (908 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict White, red, black with question Mark's. Plants are multicolored with question Mark's. Items I place in game vanish.
Message 587 of 1,476 (906 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@briter_paigeI have pictures but not sure how to post them

Message 588 of 1,476 (1,039 Views)

Bugs

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion packs: Cats & Dogs,City Living,Discover university,Get famous,Get to work, island living,4 seasons. Game packs: Dine out, out door retreat. Stuff: Laundry Day stuff, Perfect patio stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? U can physically see it in the game on the main menu, CAS, when ur selecting a world to travel to or to live in.
What happens when the bug occurs? The bug already occurred after the update.
What do you expect to see? The icons, the regular CAS, the pictures of where they’re traveling to and where they gonna live.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Here’s the pictures

Message 589 of 1,476 (913 Views)

Re: Bugs

Hero
@prettyebs Start by repairing the game through Origin.
1. Close the game
2. Right-Click on the game in Origin
3. Hit Repair game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 590 of 1,476 (907 Views)