Re: Cats and Dogs Glitching After Removing Mods

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Re: Cats and Dogs Glitching After Removing Mods

@livrichh

You should try just the saves on their own, adding them in one at a time and loading the game to see if it's still ok.

I'm going to merge this thread into that main one on the issue so it's all in the same place (Sims 4 PC Tech). Please click the Me Too button on the opening post and feel free to post any further questions Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 681 of 1,472 (680 Views)

Sims covered in question marks

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.69.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Almost all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The bug is visible in CAS and in gameplay.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims appears to have multicolor red and white boxes (with question marks) on their skin and clothing.
What do you expect to see? Sims should appear normal, with their skin and clothing colors intact.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hi, I hope you're doing well. My sims are glitchy and weird colors. I uninstalled the game, deleted the EA folder, and then re-installed without my CC and it's still glitchy this same way. Any advice? I appreciate any help you're able to give me. 

Message 682 of 1,472 (743 Views)

Re: Sims covered in question marks

Hero
@lemmonsdixon I merged your post with the master thread on this

Try repairing your game by repairing your game through Origin (right click on the game and choose repair game)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 683 of 1,472 (715 Views)

★ Novice

I repaired my game and still no luck. That is when I uninstalled the entire game and then reinstalled the entire game and no luck. The screenshots were taken after the final total reinstall. 

Message 684 of 1,472 (723 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@lemmonsdixon It's an issue where the texture files don't download properly. Seems very persistent for you.

Have you tried moving the exe file to the desktop and doing a repair after that ?

method 2 here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Codes-instead-of-text-Blank-text-and-bub...

There should be an exe for the 64 bit version and one for the 32 bit in Bin_LE now.

Move both.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 685 of 1,472 (703 Views)

Is anyone having issues after updating their game?

★★★ Newbie

After updating my game i found all my households red and white with question marks all over them. My worlds are also showing a picture of a lama and the lama are also on my sims traits. In build mode a few objects are rainbow coloured and the pools are rainbow coloured with question marks all over them. 

Is anyone having the same problem? If someone could help me fix it that would be great as im not sure if its part of the game.

Message 686 of 1,472 (631 Views)

Re: Is anyone having issues after updating their game?

@megoxx  Try repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.  If that doesn't help, clear Origin's cache:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

restart your computer, and repair again.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 687 of 1,472 (598 Views)

Sims4 update on Mac gave me psychedelic colours (help)

★ Novice

Updated sims4 just now, running on mac. Everything is fine and the game opens etc but the colours are way off (see screenshots). All my sims look like crash dummies also. Any ideas anyone?

Message 688 of 1,472 (666 Views)

Black squares and marks on sim

★★★ Newbie

My sims have black squares and question marks on them so I deleted the game and restart everything and now the new sim I was trying to create have black squares and question marks on them. I have do idea on what I have done wrong

Message 689 of 1,472 (675 Views)

Re: Black squares and marks on sim

Hero
@malanna I merged your post with the master thread on this

Try repairing your game by repairing your game through Origin (right click on the game and choose repair game)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 690 of 1,472 (667 Views)