Cats and Dogs Glitching After Removing Mods

by livrichh

Original Post

Re: sims 4 bug on island living?

@Jaymoyler

I've merged your post into this thread on the issue. Please see the opening post on page 1 for more info.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 671 of 1,472 (703 Views)
Highlighted

Cats and Dogs Glitching After Removing Mods

★★★ Novice

I’m sorry if this is a repetitive issue, but I’ve singled out that the problem is only with cats and dogs, NOT my cc!

For weeks, I’ve had rainbow question marks all over any item from the Cats and Dogs pack (this is the only pack I have). This means that all of the new furniture, hairstyles, ground textures, and even animals would cause weird textures and discoloration. Some dogs turned into black silhouettes while others have a flicker camo-print pattern. At first, I thought it was tied to cc that I downloaded. I already tried reinstalling the game, emptying my mods folder, and disabling mods/cc in settings, but even with just the base game+cats and dogs there are still issues with the cats and dogs special items. Any build mode object or CAS feature from the base game worked perfectly, it’s ONLY the cats and dogs things that are impacted. How can I fix the game? The repair button doesn’t make any difference and my game and Mac software are up to date (MacOS Catalina).

PLEASE HELP!!! Standard smile

Message 672 of 1,472 (812 Views)

Re: Cats and Dogs Glitching After Removing Mods

@livrichh

Can you please move your whole Sims 4 folder to the desktop and start up a brand new clean vanilla game, free of all mods and saves. Play for a bit and see if it still happens. Save, quit, then relaunch and load the new save and check again if it still happens.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 673 of 1,472 (773 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora Before I do this, I want to know if it would delete my entire original game? Or can it be brought back because the folder is now on my desktop?
Message 674 of 1,472 (852 Views)

@livrichh

Your saves etc. are all in the folder you move. They aren' going anywhere unless you trash the Sims 4 folder. This is forcing the game to create a brand new folder to see if the issue is in your user data or the game install. You can read further about basic troubleshooting steps here - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

AHQSigImage.png
Message 675 of 1,472 (821 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ok, I moved it to the desktop and also to an external hard drive. But I just started a new game, and even while making my first sim, I can see the problems (look at the picture):

Message 676 of 1,472 (779 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ps- the pants that the guy is wearing are causing the glitch, and the pants are from Cats and Dogs.

Message 677 of 1,472 (776 Views)

@livrichh

Thanks. So it seems you have this issue - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Empty-CAS-Question-Marks-Invisible-Sims-...

Crin's opening post details fixes to try. You should probably uninstall and reinstall again and then try a completely new, clean game, don't put your Sims 4 folder back until you have launched a new game and checked CAS.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 678 of 1,472 (768 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora YES! Thank you. It worked, but how do I bring back my old game? Do I just drag my old sims 4 folder back into the Electronic Arts folder, or do I go into saves and put all of them into the new game’s folder?
Message 679 of 1,472 (718 Views)

★★★ Novice

Update: I just dragged My old game back to the EA folder and it worked!!!!! Thank you Standard smile

Message 680 of 1,472 (735 Views)