by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Re: CAS doesn’t work in Sims 4

★ Novice
Look at the link to see what I’m talking about
Message 651 of 1,476 (1,012 Views)

Re: CAS doesn’t work in Sims 4

@anais0324

Merged your thread into this one on the issue. Please see the opening post for workarounds.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 652 of 1,476 (956 Views)

Re: Rainbow Question Marks

★★★ Novice

Did a repair end up working? I think I have the same problem and I thought it was caused by cc, but it’s still there even after I deleted all my cc.

Message 653 of 1,476 (926 Views)

Re: Rainbow Question Marks

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @livrichh,

Merged your post in with the master thread. 
If repairing your game hasn't helped you, please visit the Master thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Empty-CAS-Question-Marks-Invisible-Sims-.... The Master Thread for this has more advise and troubleshooting shared in it. I'll lock this thread in the meantime.

Thanks,

EA_Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 654 of 1,476 (1,218 Views)

Re: After the recent sims 4 update, my sims 4 won't work

★★★ Novice

Before you repair, do you have to drag the Sims 4 folder out of the Electronic Arts folder and then onto your desktop? When I left the Sims 4 folder how it is and just hit repair, it didn't change anything.

Message 655 of 1,476 (1,211 Views)

My Sims 4 items sims have question marks on them. I’ve tried EVERYTHING

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

My Sims 4 furniture and characters have turned multicoloured and have question marks all over them. I have deleted cache files, restarted sims, repaired the game, and uninstalled then re-installed origin. HELP

Message 656 of 1,476 (906 Views)

Re: My Sims 4 items sims have question marks on them. I’ve tried EVERYTHING

Hero
@claireot Try another repair. It's an issue with the game not fully patching/updating and it might help if you try once more

If not, try reinstalling the game itself.

Backup your user files before doing so.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 657 of 1,476 (872 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Empty CAS/ Question Marks/ Invisible Sims/ Night Sky CAS

★★★ Newbie

What is cc?

Message 658 of 1,476 (1,160 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What do you mean “right clicking on it” on the game itself because when I do that it doesn’t give me the option to delete whatever file you listed.

Message 659 of 1,476 (1,158 Views)

@LQG99  Open Origin, click on "My game library," then right-click on the Sims 4 icon.  You'll see a list of options, one of which is Repair.  Choose that, and let Origin repair the base game and all your packs.

If this doesn't help, clear Origin's cache, restart your computer, and repair again.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

Also, "cc" refers to custom content.  If you've never downloaded any, you don't need to worry about it.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 660 of 1,476 (1,112 Views)