How do I fix this?

by HisokaMorrowLevi

Original Post

How do I fix this?

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? I have the last update
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have get together, movie hangout stuff, and dine out
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Help the best that you can
What happens when the bug occurs? You cant play the game, you see none of your sims
What do you expect to see? Nothing but the Get Together map, and no sims.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I updated the game, and it was only my second day playing with the expansion packs (which I didn't pay for, I believe sims gave it for free) and after the update I took off my custom content and mods because it suggested that I should so it doesn't mess up my update. Now I could do my CAS so I restarted my laptop. Now I can see my sims, or any other sims. And it only showing the map that comes with Get Together, and not the base game map.

Message 561 of 1,476 (1,121 Views)

Re: How do I fix this?

Hero
@HisokaMorrowLevi Try right clicking on the game in Origin (game closed) and hit repair game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 562 of 1,476 (1,118 Views)

Create a sim not loading

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Most recent
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Check below
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The newest update I just updated it April 8th What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion:all but get to work Game packs :all but vampires and strangerville Stuff packs: bowling, tiny living,laundry day,vintage glamour,backyard,romantic garden,cool kitchen,perfect patio, and luxury party. Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I opened the game after the update and on most of the expansion packs and game packs and some stuff packs there is a grey flying llama symbol.the game at first disabled my mods which some are on two sims in create a sim but the other 3 out of 5 sims have no custom content on them so I went into create a sim to change the now disabled custom content to some maxis content but couldn't because invisible sim. Then I decided well if it's already invisible I'll restart and try again without mods .same thing then I decided screw it and reenabled mods but still had my invisible sim and grey flying llama everywhere. What happens when the bug occurs? Invisible sims in create a sim whether modded or not.grey llama symbol on packs and town islands in sulani. What do you expect to see? Sims?in create a sim And pack symbols Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them. Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes Please describe the patch or change you made. Most recent update
What happens when the bug occurs? Invisible sims grey llama symbols everywhere
What do you expect to see? Sims in create a sim no llama symbols
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Most recent update

[Admin - removed duplicate template. Please be sure that nothing from the template appears in the comment section when you submit your post.]

Message 563 of 1,476 (1,209 Views)

Re: Create a sim not loading

Hero
@ebonynight9193 Start by repairing the game through Origin.
1. Close the game
2. Right-Click on the game in Origin
3. Hit Repair game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 564 of 1,476 (1,195 Views)

Glitch/bug checkered pattern sims

★ Novice

How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In CAS the sims aside from pets are a strange red and white checkered pattern with questions marks on them. No matter if I go to the gallery and add to the family in CAS the gallery sim will also be red and white. Even my library normal sims once I hit play they automatically have the checkered pattern with or without mods
What happens when the bug occurs? The sims can function as normal but the skin is red and white with checkered pattern and question marks
What do you expect to see? I had just finished updating the sims 4 and downloaded some new cc and mods then I noticed the big. So I figured it’s probably the mods so I deleted them and even after deleting I still have the issue with the sims.. so to me it’s not the mods that are the problem.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After I downloaded the mods from sims resource but after noticing the glitch I deleted all mods and even removed the ability to play with mods on sims 4 and still no change

Pets seem to be fine the toddler sim was from my library that was normal until I added it to family, the make was generated. 

Message 565 of 1,476 (1,152 Views)

Re: sims 4

★★★★★ Newbie

You are truly my hero Wink This repair resolved issues that I didn't even know about!

Message 566 of 1,476 (1,146 Views)

Re: Glitch/bug checkered pattern sims

Hero
@GingercharlotteZ I merged your post with the master thread on this

Try repairing your game by repairing your game through Origin (right click on the game and choose repair game)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 567 of 1,476 (1,202 Views)

Sims 4

★★★ Newbie

my game is not showing traits or my stuff packs but llamas instead, and my sims are covered in question marks

Message 568 of 1,476 (1,057 Views)

Re: Sims 4

@flamethecit12  Try repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 569 of 1,476 (1,049 Views)

why has my base game worlds disapeared

★★★ Newbie

i bought the game a few days ago and everything was going smoothly. i could play and create Sims just fine but now i can't select a sim/sims to play and i also don't know where the base game worlds have disappeared to i cant select anything to try and fix the problem.

Message 570 of 1,476 (1,049 Views)