Loading Errors After New Update

by halloffreedom

Original Post

Sims missing along with a few objects. New patch?

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them but fitness stuff and my first pet stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I am not exactly sure.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I open CAS I can't see my sim, and it appears as if I have opened the Create A Story thing when I haven't been able to touch anything because there is no sim there. I also cannot play in previously saved games because those sims will not appear either, just their plumbob. I can interact with the floor but not other sims (especially because I can't see any of them.) I cannot see the floor and ceiling paneling on my lot and other lots, but not all lots. The floor tile appears like a question mark. I had previously downloaded CC but I removed it because the game automatically removes it after the update, as you all know. So this bug occurred before I had put the CC back in, but I tried it with CC and that did not work either.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see my sims in CAS and live mode and be able to interact with them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The most recent one from today. (April 7th, 2020)

Not sure what's happening. 

Message 551 of 1,476 (1,113 Views)

Graphic Glitches after April Update

★★★ Newbie

Platform:PC
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion, all game packs, tiny living, laundry day, vintage glamour, movie hangout, cool kitchen, perfect patio,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Fix the graphics
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims skin is white and red checkered with clown faces, red eyes, and question marks. Plants are colored wrong and question marks everywhere.
What do you expect to see? Normal graphics
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Regular update on April 7th, 2020

Tried to play after the update and my sims all look like evil clowns living in wonderland.

Message 552 of 1,476 (1,117 Views)

Loading Errors After New Update

★★ Novice

Platform:PC
What is your current game version number? 1.24
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EP: Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get to Work, Island Living GP: Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Realm of Magic, Spa Day, Strangerville, Vampires SP: Backyard, Bowling Night, Cool Kitchen, Fitness, Kids Room, Luxury Party, Movie Hangout, Perfect Patio, Romantic Garden, Spooky, Tiny Living, Vintage Glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open the game?
What happens when the bug occurs? Several items appear as strange checkered surfaces or question marks after the new update. I received a notification when I loaded my game that some content couldn't be displayed because I didn't have the right DLC installed.
What do you expect to see? The items I've been using in my game
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Automatic download of new update

No additional information

Message 553 of 1,476 (1,081 Views)

Re: Loading Errors After New Update

★★ Novice

I disabled mods, restarted my game, and loaded New Game. This is what happened on the CaS screen

Message 554 of 1,476 (1,072 Views)

★★ Novice

Part of the error seems to be related to body shape changes as noted in Error 5A. and 5B

Message 555 of 1,476 (1,051 Views)

★★ Novice

Message 556 of 1,476 (1,039 Views)

Graphic Errors After Update/New Purchase

★★★ Newbie

After downloading the latest patch from 4/7/2020 and also purchasing and installing a new bundle containing: Cats and Dogs, Jungle Adventures, and Tiny Living, I noticed a huge graphical error when I opened the game. When attempting to create a sim, the sim was invisible. When viewing a lot, many of the floor tiles were changed to a ? mark tile. I could re-tile part of the floor, but not all of it. Also, the majority of the foundations of homes were invisible. 

I'm assuming this error is probably from the patch. I reset the game, using the steps given by EA but the problem persisted. Is anybody else having this issue? Help!

Message 557 of 1,476 (1,031 Views)

Re: Graphic Errors After Update/New Purchase

@NerdInBlack  Try repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 558 of 1,476 (996 Views)

Hero
@halloffreedom Please right click on the game in Origin and hit repair game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 559 of 1,476 (958 Views)

Re: Sims missing along with a few objects. New patch?

Hero
@alexala801 @SunkissedSam13

I merged your post with the master thread on this

Try repairing your game by repairing your game through Origin (right click on the game and choose repair game)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 560 of 1,476 (1,033 Views)