Question Mark Vandalism Everywhere

by edeyo83

Original Post

Re: Sims 4. PC. Cannot access any of my worlds

@KittySkills  The usual solution is to repair the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.  Let us know if it doesn't work.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 501 of 1,476 (1,035 Views)

Island Living not working at all

★ Novice

So, I recently purchased the Island Living pack. It doesn't let me go to Sulani and if I try to use any of the content the pack comes with it glitches my sim by turning it red and white, as if the pack is half downloaded.

What does this mean and what do I do?

Message 502 of 1,476 (832 Views)

Re: Island Living not working at all

@Bugdog3  Try repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

If that doesn't help, or you can't repair, clear Origin's cache (Windows) or run the Origin reset tool (macOS), restart your computer, and try again.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/manually-uninstalling-origin/

Message 503 of 1,476 (816 Views)

Re: Island Living not working at all

★ Novice

Thank you! That worked!

Message 504 of 1,476 (798 Views)

llamacorn is appearing on my screen and the text is messed up! help!

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

when i open the game it shows a lamacorn where the spinning plumbob should be and the all of the text looks like this || and my sims look all weird and glitched out! please help!qw

Message 505 of 1,476 (841 Views)

Re: llamacorn is appearing on my screen and the text is messed up! help!

@zodiav  Try repairing the game in Origin—open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair—to see whether it fixes at least some of the issues.  If the text is still messed up, you can try the steps in the first two posts in this thread:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Codes-instead-of-text-Blank-text-and-bub...

Message 506 of 1,476 (813 Views)

Sims 4

★★★ Newbie

Hi, my Sims 4 game stopped working. It said to update to The Sims Legacy 4 which i did. Everything in the game works fine except for my avatars who are white and red with question marks on them instead of being like the avatars I designed them to be. Could someone help me with this matter?

Message 507 of 1,476 (1,122 Views)

Re: Sims 4

@elosssm

Moved your post to this thread on the issue. Please read the first post on page one for further information.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 508 of 1,476 (1,098 Views)

Question Mark Vandalism Everywhere

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? Latest version/edition
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Go to work
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Question marks on sims and scenery
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim has question marks all over her body, not her clothes, and she has red and black squares all over her body like a checkerboard. They appear in either red or black. Equipment and scenery is also vandalized in this. The avatar of any sim doesn't show any trace that this is supposed to happen. It isn't an expansion pack or an installation.
What do you expect to see? My sim shouldn't have any marks on her body whatsoever, the scenery should not have any red blocks destroying travel, and equipment shouldn't be vandalized.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Everything else functions normally, but I cannot restart computer or update the game itself. Please fix this bug, I would love to get back to playing The Sims 4 if everything wasn't ruined!

Message 509 of 1,476 (1,375 Views)

Re: Question Mark Vandalism Everywhere

Hero
@edeyo83 I merged your post with the master thread on this

Try repairing your game by repairing your game through Origin (right click on the game and choose repair game)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 510 of 1,476 (1,303 Views)