Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Empty CAS/ Question Marks/ Invisible Sims/ Night Sky CAS

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Re: Can’t make new sims

@anen994  Does the game actually freeze, or is it just that the sim doesn't load?  The fix for missing sims in CAS is repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.  If this isn't the problem, or the repair doesn't help, let me know.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 461 of 1,476 (906 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@puzzlezaddict It worked!!!!! Thank you so much!!!!
Message 462 of 1,476 (930 Views)

TS4 Not Working

★★★ Newbie

After the recent update, my base game will not work. Like all of the items from packs and such are still there and I can play the game, but any item or floor from base game is replaced or has a neon question mark replacing it. Even the worlds from base game are gone. I tried downloading the Legacy version to see if that changed anything, but it did not. Any idea what’s going on?

Message 463 of 1,476 (915 Views)

Re: TS4 Not Working

Hero
@BumDiefuzzpuff Merged your post with the master thread on this

Please close your game, the right-click on the game in Origin and hit repair game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 464 of 1,476 (909 Views)

Re: Can’t make new sims

★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you so much! It solved the problem to repairing 😊 sorry for my bad English 😅  

Message 465 of 1,476 (963 Views)

Re: TS4 Not Working

★★★ Newbie

Thank you for the help! Standard smile

Message 466 of 1,476 (953 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I don't have any CC and I just updated my game after not playing for a while and the same thing just happened. I have the weird galaxy and invisible sim in my CAS and like I said before, I don't have any CC, so I'm not really sure why mines doing that too. 

Message 467 of 1,476 (946 Views)

My Sim's Skin isn't loading correctly

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Latest Version (I think)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It should be when you go to play any of your saved games. Or when you try to create a new sim.
What happens when the bug occurs? I cannot interact with my sims in the game at all. It won't even let me design new ones.
What do you expect to see? Nothing on the sim is loaded. It is all checkered red and whit patterning. There are also black question marks that appear too.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This could be me just missing something. However, the last few times that I have tried to play my basic version of the game (I did not install any mods either), it hasn't been acting right. I tried to restart Origin and my computer itself several times, and nothing is working. Anybody else have this issue?

Message 468 of 1,476 (965 Views)

@micwerty3  Try repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 469 of 1,476 (931 Views)

Re: My Sim's Skin isn't loading correctly

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@Nerd11223344Quite a few other players have reported similar problems to this. Please refer to this link for more details and instructions on how you can try to fix this:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Empty-CAS-Question-Marks-Invisible-Sims-...

Since you don't use mods, you might want to try repairing your game through Origin

1. Select My Game Library in Origin.
  2. Right-click on the Sims 4 game tile.
  3. Select Repair

Wait for it to go through all of your expansion packs as well. The file check can take a while to complete depending on your computer's hardware. Then start your game and see if everything looks good again.

You can find a step-by-step tutorial on this link: 

https://crinrict.com/blog/2019/05/origin-repair-game.html

It's a fairly easy & quick fix so I hope it also works for you! :D

Message 470 of 1,476 (945 Views)