Hero

@aussypearl @TrashPanda983 

Merged your post with the master thread on this

Please try repairing your game through Origin. That should solve the issue
Please see first post for more info.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 351 of 1,472 (917 Views)

Re: Sims 4( played on laptop ).... unable to create new sims since latest up da

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@crinrictI tried repairing my game through origin and the problem wasn’t fixed is there anything else I can do? And what causes it because I would like to not have it happen in the future.

Message 352 of 1,472 (929 Views)

Re: Sims 4( played on laptop ).... unable to create new sims since latest up da

Hero

HI @TrashPanda983 

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game again by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

There's also some other suggestions on the entry post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 353 of 1,472 (917 Views)

Re: sims 4 updated and now won’t load household

★★★ Novice
@crinrict I tried and it didn't work. @800gucci has the same problem, too.
Message 354 of 1,472 (832 Views)

Re: Create A Sim won't load after update

★★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora Do you have these for PC?
Message 355 of 1,472 (879 Views)

Creating Sim is not working after update

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Sims 4
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Big City Life, Dogs & Cats, Cooking
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? If I want to create a new sim, I can only choose what age range, voice and the characteristic
What happens when the bug occurs? I can't edit the sim. Can't change the hair, body, clothes etc. the sim doesn't even appear. I tried to change in the game, after I took a random sim, but there is just blank background.
What do you expect to see? Editing the sims.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I only updated the game, that's it. I didn't play for a while.

After the update of Sims 4, I can't edit the sims anymore. I can only pick a random sim. The sims doesn't even appear at the screen, just blank. I thought, maybe it's just the start. So I tried to edit the sim at the closet. But the sim won't appear there also. I can only change clothes, but not the sim in general, such as body, weigh, hair etc...

Message 356 of 1,472 (885 Views)

in cas my sims are invisible

★★★ Newbie

I can't use create a sim, and my sims are stuck in a t pose. in CAS, the speech bubble for story mode is way off to the left. I cant see what answers im pressing, and when i x out to make a new sim theyre invisible. on the bottom left i can see their face but besides that the rest of the screen is blank. help Frown

Message 357 of 1,472 (793 Views)

Re: in cas my sims are invisible

@deadbeataleks  Try repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 358 of 1,472 (769 Views)

Re: Create A Sim won't load after update

@EethVamp

Have what? I’m a Mac user.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 359 of 1,472 (823 Views)

Re: Creating Sim is not working after update

★★★ Newbie

I have a similar thing going on with my game. Anytime I try to edit my sim or create a new sim, there is just a black screen with stars in it. Almost like a night sky. Its very weird and I don't know how it happened. 

Message 360 of 1,472 (841 Views)