Re: Invisible sims & Question mark floors

by crinrict

Original Post

Invisible sims & Question mark floors

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.69.1210
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know
What happens when the bug occurs? My sims are invisible and the floors have question marks.
What do you expect to see? My sims and not question marks.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My sims are invisible and some of the floors/walls have question marks on them. This goes for all the sims in my game. How can I fix this? I've tried restarting the game and resetsim also. I've tried changing her clothes in the dresser and everything. But this is happening to all my sims also. 

Message 111 of 1,472 (2,540 Views)

Re: Invisible sims & Question mark floors

Hero
@avakelsey I merged your post with master thread on this.

Please try repairing your game through Origin. Right click on the game and do repair game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 112 of 1,472 (2,525 Views)

red and white quest

★★★ Newbie

I got a new hard drive and everything got copied over without making save files and now my sims are going red and white with black question marks on their heads. This normally only happens when there's an outdated mod in the game but I have no mods or custom content and the option to have it in my game is disabled in settings. I tried to right click and 'repair' the game but all that happened was that my sims seem to look normal in live mode but in the bottom left hand corner and when I'm viewing households and other icons of my sims, they still are red and white with question marks on their heads. Since then I've 'repaired' it more than once but nothing has happened.

Message 113 of 1,472 (2,516 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Black/Red Checkered Sims with Question Marks/ Missing Textur

@martian333333  I've merged your post with the master thread for this issue.  Please see the first post on page 1 for a fix.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 114 of 1,472 (2,568 Views)

Bugs with new 11/25 update

★★ Newbie

Since the 11/25 patch update installed, I've been having some bugs with my game that I've never experienced before. My sims and pets are invisible, even in CaS, and a lot of the floor textures are glitching out. I've tried restarting my computer and that hasn't helped... I'm not sure what to do, especially considering I'm not the most tech savvy tool in the shed. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you and Happy Thanksgiving!

Message 115 of 1,472 (1,877 Views)

Re: Bugs with new 11/25 update

@285617698  A game repair should fix the texture issues.  Right-click on the Sims 4 icon in your Origin library and select Repair.  For the invisible sims and pets, hopefully a repair will fix that too.  If it doesn't, test in a clean game folder: move your entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop, launch the game to create a clean folder, start a new save, and have a look.

If you're still having issues even in a clean game folder, post repair, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Message 116 of 1,472 (1,867 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Black/Red Checkered Sims with Question Marks/ Missing Textur

★★★ Newbie

If nothing is working for you, try going into Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims 4, then see if you have any files called 'last exception' with loads of numbers after. Try deleting all of them. This is what worked for me when I had the horrible texture glitch. Standard smile

Message 117 of 1,472 (2,085 Views)

my sims skin is broken, and some ofmy sim pack icon's are broken

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.69.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them except realm of magic and the Moschino stuff pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? im not sure, this is the first time I have gotten it but maybe if you have CC
What happens when the bug occurs? some of my packs' icons change into the unicorn lama, when I get into create a sim, the skins of sims are broken no matter what.
What do you expect to see? the toddlers probably have a game play malfunction
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I had custom content and I thought that was the problem. It turns out when I went back on to see if it was still there; and it was there. I went into one of my worlds to see if it was for all of the sims and it was. When I go into create a sim some of the outfit icons are the lama and the sims skin is broken. I take everything off and the skin is still broken

I have photos

Message 118 of 1,472 (2,107 Views)

Sims 4/ Sims arent showing up in Create a Sim

★★ Newbie

Everytime I've started Sims, the sims themselves have not been showing up. This has been happening since I've started the game last night, even though yesterday morning it was fine. I believe it was due to the update, but it is frustrating. Especially since if I try to play with my original sims, the 3 basic worlds are now unavailable. 

Message 119 of 1,472 (1,836 Views)

Re: Sims 4/ Sims arent showing up in Create a Sim

@KryzzyChan  Try repairing your game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

Message 120 of 1,472 (1,825 Views)