Re: command line arguments not working

by Simjrk59

Original Post

Command line arguments not working with EA Play version

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

So I bought Parenthood and Seasons in the sims 4 and I regret buying them.  I had a great work around  of adding in the command line arguments of -disablepacks:EP05,GP05  But now since the the update of 01/22/2021 this no longer works.  Does anybody know if origin can just remove them from my game I really don't care if I get my money back I just want them gone. Or did the command line arguments change?

Edit By Crinrict: Removed tag from title.

Message 1 of 36 (2,335 Views)

Hero
@Simjrk59 Command still works fine for me.

Does -w to start in windowed mode still work for you to check if it's all or just the disable packs ?

You can just uninstall the packs: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2015/08/uninstall-single-packs/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 36 (2,305 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Since I already have it set to window mode trying -w  did not change a thing but when I changed it back to -disablepacks:EP05,GP05 it still loads Seasons and since I do not intend to play it in that mode I can only guess parenthood is still active too. When I tried to just remove Seasons only it still loaded.

Message 3 of 36 (2,288 Views)

Hero
@Simjrk59 can you try -f for fullscreen mode then ?

Do you have the Origin or Steam version ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 36 (2,283 Views)

★★ Novice

origin

Message 5 of 36 (2,282 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@crinrict  I spoke to EA help and they cannot remove any games purchased from the system unless I had returned them within the 24 hour purchase time

Message 6 of 36 (2,279 Views)

Hero
@Simjrk59 You don't need to remove them from the system. Just uninstall them as described in the link (either by uninstalling everything and then not choose to reinstall those particular packs or by deleting the folders (unsupported).

Did you try -f ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 36 (2,273 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@crinrictDo you know if the command line arguments are available in EA Play (beta)? Although the reload did allow me not to include those 2 packs.

Message 8 of 36 (2,271 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Simjrk59 You mean EA Desktop ? Haven't tried it with that.

EDIT: No, they are not in EA Desktop yet.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 36 (2,235 Views)

Disabling Packs

★ Apprentice

Hi everyone,

I asked in an existing thread but thought making a separate post would be more helpful. Basically I've been using the command line method of disabling packs for ages with no problem, however since (maybe) the release of Paranormal Stuff it has no longer been working. For the save I'm working on I only wanted Get to Work and Outdoor Retreat active so I input this code in Origin: -disablepacks:EP02,EP03,EP04,EP05,EP06,EP07,EP08,EP09,EP10,GP02,GP03,GP04,GP05,GP06,GP07,GP08,GP09,SP01,SP02,SP03,SP04,SP05,SP06,SP07,SP08,SP09,SP10,SP11,SP12,SP13,SP14,SP15,SP16,SP17,SP18 but it isn't working. I have opened a save and everything from every pack is still there.

I don't know if these things are relevant but I have updated my game to the most recent update and own every DLC. It's driving me mad as I don't want to have to give up on that save but I need to be able to disable packs to play that one. If anybody could help me I'd be very grateful, thank you.

Message 10 of 36 (2,363 Views)