[CURRENT ISSUE] Codes instead of text/ Blank text and bubbles

by crinrict

Original Post

Sims 4 missing text on expansion packs

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all but Star Wars and the kits packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? Text is missing from Island living, Snowy Escape, Interior design pack and now Country living. Its making gameplay very unenjoyable as I cannot work any of the gigs on interior design, a lot of the names etc are missing from Island living and now Country living there is no text at all in the 'mission box' so cannot see what I am supposed to be doing. I have just installed the 'stop stealing' mod but this problem has been happening for quite a while and is making the game unplayable.
What do you expect to see? text instead of empty bubbles etc
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I hope you can help with this problem. It has been happening for quite a while. I downlaod the games using Origin and dont know if this is the problem. Ive spent a lot of money on The Sims over the years and have always enjoyed playing them, but this has put me off playing the game. 

Message 981 of 1,152 (2,680 Views)

Re: Sims 4 missing text on expansion packs

Hero
@Bella1127 I merged your post with the main thread on this.

The problem is missing string files

Could you try all the suggestions on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 982 of 1,152 (2,658 Views)

Missing texts

★★★ Newbie

Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Norsk
What is your current game version number? Version 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: Cats and dogs, Students life, Four Seasons Game pack: Parents and Children Free packs: Christmas party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When you are going to choose what the avatar should do, the texts in the bubble doesn't occur / show up. The bubble is just white. Lot's of texts are also vanished, like names, explanations etc are missing, all over the game. Just some of the texts have dissappeared.
What happens when the bug occurs? You don't know which function the white fields hide.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see texts
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I updated the game in June 2021, and I bought the package Student Life 14th of June.

Please

Message 983 of 1,152 (2,630 Views)

Re: Missing texts

Hero
@Heii2019 I merged your post with the main thread on this.

The problem is missing string files

Could you try all the suggestions on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 984 of 1,152 (2,620 Views)

sims 4 squares instead of text

★★★ Newbie

I have just updated my sims 4 game and also downloaded the cottage living expansion pack but now when I play the game no text is showing only a series of squares and rectangles. Not sure if the bug is in the update or the expansion pack but I am unable to play the game and only managed to exit the game because I remembered what the main menu graphics look like.

Message 985 of 1,152 (2,571 Views)

Re: sims 4 squares instead of text

@jennygirl84  I've merged your post with the master thread for this issue.  Please try the suggestions on page one.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 986 of 1,152 (2,553 Views)

[CoL] [DHD] Missing objects titles + actions in LiveMode and Build Mode

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
What is your current game version number? 1.78.58.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EP : Cats & Dogs, City Living, Cottage Living, Discover University, EcoLifestyle, Get Together, Island Living, Seasons, Snowy Escape GP : Dream Home Decorator SP : none
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When playing with [CoL] try to use the farmhouse and interact with the animals, nothing is written in the bubbles, apart from the orange circle icon or the grain one. When building with [CoL], look at the objects of the pack. When playing with [DHD], go look at the career and no information comes forth about beginning of the day, what to do at the clients home, favorites of the client.
What happens when the bug occurs? When playing with [CoL], I can't know what the actions to do with the animals are, because all of the bubbles are white or "..." inside them, apart from the things mentioned above. When building with [CoL] all the objects of the pack are named DEBUG instead of their actual names. (screenshots included). When building with [DHD], all the objects of the pack are named DEBUG instead of their actual names.
What do you expect to see? When playing with [CoL], I expect to be able to see the actions titled in the interactive bubbles around the animals or the buildings (farmhouse, chicken house, vendors stands). When building with [CoL] and [DHD], I expect to be able to read the titles of the objects.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I bought and downloaded the packs, they've been like that since I had them.

Hello, I'd love any help you could get me, here are more info for that purpose :

Here is my computer : 

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017)

3,4 GHz Intel Core i5 quatre cœurs

8 Go 2400 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro 570 4 Go

and here's what I've already tried :

I began by removing my CC folder (not Mods are used) from the Sims 4 folder. No change.

Then I did all the updating and repairing trough Origin App. No change. 

I followed the tutorial "Resetting the game to factory setting without reinstalling" from Crinrict. No change. 

As the error was still present, per their suggestion, I followed their "General Troubleshooting" tutorials, including totally the "Origin Troubleshooting" chapter of that article. No change. 

I've looked at many threads to see if anyone had had the same problems as I seem to have, but couldn't find any. I decided to post here for help.

I'm looking forward to seeing if anyone on here knows how to get me out of this trouble. I was so looking forward to play with those two ! 

I'm easily reachable within daytime and late at night (i'm on the Paris, France, Timezone).

Thank you in advance for any advice given ! 

Moineaulabete. 

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template

Message 987 of 1,152 (2,529 Views)

Re: [CoL] [DHD] Missing objects titles + actions in LiveMode and Build Mode

Hero
@Meena_builds I merged your post with the main thread. I see you already tried repairing the game.

Could you try changing the language to something else and back to see if that helps (or the other suggestions on the first page)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 988 of 1,152 (2,489 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Codes instead of text/ Blank text and bubbles

★★ Novice

Thank you very much, my game now works again very well !

Have a nice day,

Moineaulabete

Message 989 of 1,152 (2,467 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Codes instead of text/ Blank text and bubbles

Hero
@Meena_builds Glad to hear. Enjoy the pack :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 990 of 1,152 (2,450 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help