[CURRENT ISSUE] Codes instead of text/ Blank text and bubbles

by crinrict

Original Post

Kits Items Shows *DEBUG* and No Text on Vacuum and Dust Bunnies (Simplf Chinese)

★ Novice

I bought and downloaded the dust the bust and the country kits, but they are both not showing items correctly. No proper names or descriptions show for the new items, other than just **DEBUG**. When I click on the vacuum or the dust bunny to try to get some new gameplay, instead of getting the functions, I only see icons. I could not play like this since I don't understand even a little bit about "icons". I played simplified Chinese version, and this happened to Paranormal stuff pack too. I fixed the Paranormal stuff pack by manually adding in the Chinese string files. How can I fix this issue with the new kits? PLEASE HELP ME. NO ONE FROM THE SIMS TEAM EVER ANSWERED ME ON TWITTER. Thanks.

Message 891 of 1,152 (1,312 Views)

Dust Kit and Kitchen Kit not properly showing item names and gameplay choices

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Simplified Chinese
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.71.86.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Almost all packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play with simplified Chinese, I guess
What happens when the bug occurs? This happens to my newly purchased dust kit and the kitchen kit. No proper names or descriptions show for the new items, other than just **DEBUG**. When I click on the vacuum or the dust bunny to try to get some new gameplay, instead of getting the functions, I only see icons.
What do you expect to see? See normal items and gameplay, please
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I bought and downloaded the dust the bust and the country kitchen kits, but they are both not showing items correctly. No proper names or descriptions show for the new items, other than just **DEBUG**. When I click on the vacuum or the dust bunny to try to get some new gameplay, instead of getting the functions, I only see icons. I could not play like this since I don't understand even a little bit about "icons". I played simplified Chinese version, and this happened to Paranormal stuff pack too. I fixed the Paranormal stuff pack by manually adding in the Chinese string files. How can I fix this issue with the new kits? PLEASE HELP ME. NO ONE FROM THE SIMS TEAM EVER ANSWERED ME ON TWITTER. Thanks.

Message 892 of 1,152 (1,315 Views)

Re: Kits Items Shows *DEBUG* and No Text on Vacuum and Dust Bunnies (Simplf Chin

@sunniesun33  I've merged your new post with the master thread for this issue.  You can find the language strings for the kits here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Codes-instead-of-text-Blank-text-and-bub...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 893 of 1,152 (1,297 Views)

Re: Dust Kit and Kitchen Kit not properly showing item names and gameplay choice

Hero
@sunniesun33 Also merged your bug report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 894 of 1,152 (1,287 Views)

Re: Kits Items Shows *DEBUG* and No Text on Vacuum and Dust Bunnies (Simplf Chin

★ Novice

Thank you so much!

Message 895 of 1,152 (1,262 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Codes instead of text/ Blank text and bubbles

★ Novice
@SimQARobo Thank you so much!
Message 896 of 1,152 (1,213 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Paranormal and cc items show **debug** and blank options. HELP.

★★ Novice

Hi! 

With me, it wasn't fixed in the update. I still can't use the pack. The string is still missing. Could you maybe share the file again?

Thanks in advance!

Message 897 of 1,152 (1,111 Views)

★★ Novice
@A250196 I'm sorry I'm talking about the Paranormal Stuff Pack, that might have been not clear..
Message 898 of 1,152 (1,110 Views)

EA Sims Team
@A250196 If this is regarding Kits, have your tried repairing your game, or trying the workaround described here?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Codes-instead-of-text-Blank-text-and-bub...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 899 of 1,152 (1,106 Views)

Hero
@A250196 That is strange.

Did your game create a SP18 folder in Delta ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 900 of 1,152 (1,089 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help