[CURRENT ISSUE] Codes instead of text/ Blank text and bubbles

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: The Sims 4 Paranormal stuff pack interaction bubbles empty

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict I think that's it! In the Delta folder, I don't have the SP18 at all. All other packs have Strings_POL_PL. What now? Thank you!
Message 861 of 1,152 (1,397 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict @soniaborawska same here for me, there is no delta folder for SP18, but in all the other Delta folders I have the Strings_EN_US file.
Message 862 of 1,152 (1,343 Views)

Hero
@soniaborawska Thanks for confirming. So while this unfortunately doesn't bring us much closer to a solution it at least explains the behavior you're seeing.

The game behaves like this:
When you first install a pack, there's no folder in Delta, that is absolutely normal. That only gets created on patching for the first time after the pack was released (I don't think there needs to be an acutal fix for the pack for it to be created).

Once there is a delta folder, the game will use the file in there and not care if you have one in the main folder.

So basically, if you buy a pack after the first patch was released, you will never know that the game didn't download the proper file and the first patch will fix this issue for you.

Why the game doesn't download the language file to the folder it should, I don't know. Maybe some internal setting.

So here's a few more suggestions what to try:
- Delete Origin cache files https://crinrict.com/blog/2014/09/delete-origin-cache-files.html then try a game repair again
- Delete the entire SP18 folder from your computer, then reinstall just the pack (this isn't an official way to get rid of a pack so it's not an official solution). Before doing this, make sure that Origin is set to the same language as the game. For english, make sure it's English_US and not UK as that is different as well.
- If you have a second computer, try installing the game on there and see if the file creates. If it does, just move it over to your main computer.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 863 of 1,152 (1,324 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict Thank you for your help. I've tried removing the Origin cache already and that didn't fix it. I'll try other methods and see if it works. Thanks again for your help. At least now I know what's wrong with it.
Message 864 of 1,152 (1,321 Views)

Re: TS4- Bugs at paranormal stuff pack gameplay

Hero
@belamv I merged your post with the missing text thread. Please read info on the first post and past few pages.

As for the inability to interact with stuff, is that cause the strings are messed up or does nothing happen if you click on the empty options ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 865 of 1,152 (1,311 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict I tried to install it on my other laptop, and it worked! It installed the missing folder, in Polish. Thank you so much for suggesting this. I can finally play, haha.
Message 866 of 1,152 (1,283 Views)

TS4 paranormal stuff pack no text

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all except star wars and moschino
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? There are no texts in any of the textboxes in the paranormal stuff pack
What happens when the bug occurs? In the paranormal stuff pack: - when i click on an object there is no text - in build mode all objects are named debug - when recieving an emotion from this pack the text is empty - the name of the medium skill is not visible
What do you expect to see? Text in all textboxes in the paranormal stuff pack
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Paranormal bug

Message 867 of 1,152 (1,285 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@soniaborawska Glad to hear it worked there. Still a puzzlement.

Guess I'll update the first post a bit

@cillesnuller Merged your post with the master., Please see first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 868 of 1,152 (1,281 Views)

★★★ Novice

@crinrict Deleting the Origin Cache Files didn't help for me as well, and I didn't have a second Computer ready but I had an old Hard drive still in my PC that had an old Windows installation still on it, so I booted my PC to that, downloaded the Paranormal Stuff Pack and the English String File was there for me! Thank you so much for your help Standard smile 

Message 869 of 1,152 (1,252 Views)

Hero
@Rokjioo Glad to hear that helped.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 870 of 1,152 (1,245 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help