[CURRENT ISSUE] Codes instead of text/ Blank text and bubbles

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Blank Interactions and item description with Nifty Knitting

Hero
@DerpMcFly Looks like the englisch file isn't getting downloaded. What pack are you missing the text for ? Nifty Knitting ?

If so, you can try deleting the folder for the pack and reinstall just the pack with both set to english. This isn't a supported method though so you'd be doing it at your own risk

The folder is found in your installation folder in the Sims 4 and is called SP17

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 791 of 1,152 (2,062 Views)

Re: Blank Interactions and item description with Nifty Knitting

★★★ Newbie

Alright, I think I'll settle with playing in Swedish for now, thanks!

Message 792 of 1,152 (2,051 Views)

Bugs with Nifty Knitting

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Last patch
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The Knitting aspiration does not have text in CAS or in game. Actions on the game do not show up the text, so I don’t know what action it is.
What happens when the bug occurs? Can’t play the game.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the action’s text and the aspiration description/name.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After installing Nifty Knitting

Since I installed Nifty Knitting, my game has been crazy. The knitting aspiration does not show up any text, no description nor name. Some Sim actions have no name so, therefore I don’t know what that action is until the active sim executes them. Actions on the radio also appear blank. 

I’ve deleted all my mods. I’ve repaired my game countless of times through Origin. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled all of my game expansion/stuff/game packs. I don’t know what else to do.

My computer is pretty recent, btw.

Message 793 of 1,152 (2,004 Views)

Re: Bugs with Nifty Knitting

Hero
@irelaxxz Merged your post with the master thread on this. Please try suggestions on the first page.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 794 of 1,152 (1,991 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Thanks @crinrict! The thing is that I have done that. I deleted the SP17 folder and installed it again through Origin. Stayed the same. I have read a couple pages back and I might delete origin and install it in English (It was in Portuguese and I changed the language in the settings). Going to try it the “hard way”!

Message 795 of 1,152 (1,957 Views)

Hero
@irelaxxz You can just switch language on Origin. You don't need to reinstall it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 796 of 1,152 (1,924 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I probably think it’s better if I reinstall Origin. I believe something went wrong with its installl because Origin glitches so hard all the time in my computer. It’s always giving me problems, @crinrict.

Message 797 of 1,152 (1,907 Views)

Hero
@irelaxxz your decision :D

Let me know how it goes

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 798 of 1,152 (1,882 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It worked! I uninstalled The Sims 4 and its packs then I uninstalled Origin. Installed Origin again, then I matched it's language to the language I wanted to play the game in and finally installed The Sims 4. @crinrict 

Message 799 of 1,152 (1,825 Views)

Hero
@irelaxxz Glad to hear that. Enjoy

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 800 of 1,152 (1,788 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help