Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

[CURRENT ISSUE] Codes instead of text/ Blank text and bubbles

by crinrict

Original Post

Highlighted

Re: No text in sims 4 after most recent update

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@MadeleineGames: Since you have mods, try testing without them? (Move them to another place on your computer, delete localthumbcache.package from the Sims 4 folder in Documents, and Repair the game in Origin. Don't save your game while testing!)

Message 651 of 720 (250 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice
@StarryMight Just did that! sadly the same result.
Message 652 of 720 (243 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide
@MadeleineGames : Dang. Thanks for trying, though.
Message 653 of 720 (1,072 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@MadeleineGames Sounds like this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/OPEN-Codes-instead-of-text-Blank-text-and-bubbles/m-p/... although every option sounds a bit different.

Could you try the suggested workarounds on that thread ?

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 654 of 720 (1,022 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@MadeleineGames Have you been able to resolve this ?

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 655 of 720 (990 Views)
Highlighted

Text not showing after installation of Island Living

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? For example where you choose jobs, if you click on the water in Sulani, in aspirations and where you choose what kind of party you want.
What happens when the bug occurs? The white bubbles with actions in them are blank and some of them don't work at all. In the menu where you choose a job, the Island Living jobs don't have names or descriptions. This also applies to the new aspirations and the party that comes with this expansion pack. Finally, all of the items in build mode that came with Island Living is called "debug" and have no descriptions. (I have problems with everything that has something to do with Island Living)
What do you expect to see? I want to see text in the white bubbles, the job menu, and the party menu. I also want to see descriptions and names in build mode and aspirations
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

IMG_0049.JPGIMG_0046.JPGIMG_0057.JPGIMG_0056.JPGIMG_0045.JPGIMG_0051.JPG

Screenshots

Message 656 of 720 (1,037 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Text not showing after installation of Island Living

Hero
@Ekorre44 Merged your post with master thread on this.

Please try the suggestions on the first post.

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 657 of 720 (1,021 Views)
Highlighted

Tiny living texts are broken

★★★★★ Novice

What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Install Tiny Living and start the game, go into build mode and try to change the lot to tiny residantial (or whatever it is called, I can't see it). Enter buy mode and hover over any Tiny Living object, no name and description available. Move into a tiny house, tiny house moodlets are blank.
What happens when the bug occurs? I can't see anything text related to the tiny living stuff pack
What do you expect to see? All texts from tiny living stuffpack, such as pbjects descritions and names, moodlets texts and in build mode the lot type.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I installed tiny living stuff pack

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Install Tiny Living and start the game, go into build mode and try to change the lot to tiny residantial (or whatever it is called, I can't see it). Enter buy mode and hover over any Tiny Living object, no name and description available. Move into a tiny house, tiny house moodlets are blank.
What happens when the bug occurs? I can't see anything text related to the tiny living stuff pack
What do you expect to see? All texts from tiny living stuffpack, such as pbjects descritions and names, moodlets texts and in build mode the lot type.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I installed the tiny living stuff pack

Baumoduns.jpgBaumoduns.jpgdebug.jpg

Message 658 of 720 (873 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Tiny living texts are broken

★★★★★ Novice

I already tried to repair the game several times until I decided, I uninstall and reinstall, so the game runs completely vanilla on a fresh save, still the issue remains.

Message 659 of 720 (869 Views)
Highlighted

TS4 Tiny Living - Glitched really bad!

★★ Newbie

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except The Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It's located in my catalogue, since all the items from TS4 Tiny Living appear with the **DEBUG** description. And also, the game doesn't run all the features supposed to be from Tiny Living (square count, tier indicator, etc - as viewed in image attached)
What happens when the bug occurs? I cannot experience the Tiny Living Stuff Pack fully since almost all the features and items that came with it seem to be glitched. I tried to use the tier count but I don't even know if it's a Micro Home or whatever because it doesn't say and the tile counter only appears at the upper left part (not also in the upper center part as it is supposed to)
What do you expect to see? I just want to play the game as normal, since this looks like a really bad glitch
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Please describe the patch or change you made. I've installed Tiny Living

I cannot experience the Tiny Living Stuff Pack fully since almost all the features and items that came with it seem to be glitched.

I tried to use the tier count but I don't even know if it's a Micro Home or whatever because it doesn't say anything and the tile counter only appears at the upper left part (not also in the upper center part as it is supposed to).

Even the items appear only with the **DEBUG** description and not the normal description as it is supposed to.

(I don't even have bb.moveobjects on nor do I have any mods or CC installed)

Message 660 of 720 (918 Views)
Twitter Stream