[CURRENT ISSUE] Codes instead of text/ Blank text and bubbles

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [COLLECTION THREAD] Various Text and Translation Errors

Hero

Hi @robintimeyt 

moved your post over to the thread on that issue.

Please try the workaround in the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 571 of 1,152 (2,054 Views)

something strange in my strangerville pack

★★★★ Novice

Hi,

A little while ago I bought the sims 4 strangerville pack, but I can't play the pack, because all the words are missing that came along with the pack, such as the new trait, family and houses descriptions, the whole strangerville mission/story etc. Everywhere is just a blank space.

I would love to explore the strangerville pack, hopefully someone knows a way to make the words appear again Standard smile.

Message 572 of 1,152 (2,026 Views)

Re: something strange in my strangerville pack

@Bekka872  I've merged your post with the master threaad on this issue.  Please try the solutions in the initial post and let us know if any of them work for you.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 573 of 1,152 (2,006 Views)

No text showing up in menus or on buttons

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Latest patch. Can't tell number because of the specific problem.
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Parenthood, Bowling, and Island Life
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I really do not know.
What happens when the bug occurs? I see no text on the screen, or on buttons, or in menus.
What do you expect to see? Some text would be nice.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The lasted (June 19th) patch

I am experiencing a really strange problem when I launch the Sims 4. It only started today, after allowing Origin to update the game to the new patch. Before continuing, I would like to state the following:

1. I do not have any mods or CC installed. I removed the Mods folder completely, just to make sure none were loading.
2. I deleted the localthumbcache.package file.
3. I have tried launching the game multiple times, figuring maybe something didn't download or launch correctly.
4. I waited several hours and then tried launching the game again, just in case Origin hadn't finished updating/installing something to do with the patch.
5. I tried quitting Origin completely, relaunching Origin, and then relaunching the game.

Anyway, the problem. None of the text on the opening screens shows. The game expansion text (at least that's what's supposed to be there, iirc) shows up as garbage. No text appears when I try to go to any of the menus or various options. I will show examples below.

First of all, on the left, right above where the various expansions and game packs are listed, I see this for the Play buttons:

When I select a pack I don't own, it shows up like this:
TitleScreenProb_02.png

When I select a pack I DO own, it shows up like this:
TitleScreenProb_03.png

When I click the new Island Life pack icon, I get this:
TitleScreenProb_06.png

When I click the square button in the top right corner (the one that allows us to change game options), I get this:
TitleScreenProb_04.png

When I select the button that SHOULD be the "new game" button, I get this:
TitleScreenProb_05.png

And finally, if I click the X button in the top right corner to close the game, I get this:
TitleScreenProb_07.png

As you can see, no text is showing, and the game name itself is showing up as garbage. (As seen in the first and fifth images.) I didn't see any other threads with this, so I'm guessing that what's happening to me is NOT happening for thousands of other people. That means it should be fixable... I hope.

If it IS happening for others, it would be helpful to know. I can't change any game options, because I can't even tell which of the options in the menu in the fifth image are what items.

I CAN see text in the Load Game screen. The first part of the game save name is blacked out by me, not by the game; it does show up correctly here.
TitleScreenProb_08.png

When I enter a game, I get a few screens for some of the expansions I purchased a few days ago, asking if I want to install the new associated buildings. The text on part of the screen is there, but the text on the buttons is blank. I can select a family, but then when I hover over the Play button icon, I get this:
TitleScreenProb_09.png

I don't remember what the text is supposed to be there, but obviously no data string is being sent to the appropriate part of the program.

Once I have selected the Play button, and the family loads, I get this lovely little pop up.
TitleScreenProb_10.png

There is no text in any of the information boxes in the lower right. I have no idea what the work hours are for each of my Sims; heck, since I can't even see what Sim day or time it is in the game, I have absolutely no idea when any of them need to go to work, or school, or anything else.

I really hope someone has some sort of idea on this. Is there any way to do a repair on the game, in case a file got corrupted or something?

Message 574 of 1,152 (1,719 Views)

Re: No text showing up in menus or on buttons

Hero
@MiaSkywalker1 Merged your post with existing thread on the issue

This happens if the string file for the game doesn't downloaded properly.

Please try the suggestions given on the first page of this thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 575 of 1,152 (1,704 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict : Thank you, repairing the game fixed the problem.
Message 576 of 1,152 (1,700 Views)

Hero
@MiaSkywalker1 Great. Thanks for the feedback.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 577 of 1,152 (1,698 Views)

The Sims 4 Island Living lessons

★★★ Newbie

What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020.
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Get Famous, Get to work, Get together, Seasons, Island Living, Jungle adventure, Outdoor retreat, Vampires, Bowling night stuff, Cool kitchen stuff, Perfect patio stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I play this game in the Czech language, I don´t know why this language isn´t in options in your question "Which language are you playing the game in? Star". When I run the game and look in the menu (three dots), choose lessons.
What happens when the bug occurs? All section of Island living is clear. There is no text, only pictures.
What do you expect to see? The text in the lesson section of Island living.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I play this game in the Czech language, I don´t know why this language isn´t in options in your question "Which language are you playing the game in? Star". When I run the game and look in the menu (three dots), choose lessons.

Message 578 of 1,152 (1,620 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 Island Living lessons

Hero
@Honzzyn Merged your post with our mega thread on this.

Could you try the solutions on the first post ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 579 of 1,152 (1,606 Views)

Clear action panels and menus

★ Novice

What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020 (32 Bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Only the base game
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It's everywhere on mine
What happens when the bug occurs? It is permanent, there are no letters or words in think bubbles or at the actions, neither in the menu so I can't see what I click on, they are all clear.
What do you expect to see? The sayings and action panels and, all in all what I am doing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 580 of 1,152 (1,519 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help