[CURRENT ISSUE] Codes instead of text/ Blank text and bubbles

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Strange Coding Text with in-game additions via Patches

★★★★★ Newbie

Yes reinstalling worked perfectly, it all has the correct text now. 

Message 21 of 1,152 (11,082 Views)

★ Guide

Removing the strings file and repairing doesn't make a new version of it. The game won't start at all without it.  I'm using the English language version.  I did notice that my game generates exception files since the patch when I load a save now.

Message 22 of 1,152 (11,071 Views)

Hero

OK. Thanks. Guess I'll remove that from the list then.

Can you upload one ? Not sure if I can read them but worth a try.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 1,152 (11,067 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Do you want them as a PM?

ETA: Oh hang on, I included my strings file in the RAR I already sent you, if that helps!

Message 24 of 1,152 (11,061 Views)

Hero

Yeah, was talking to @mysticalmaid here. Sorry Standard smile

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 1,152 (11,056 Views)

Re: [Info Request] Codes instead of text

★★★★★ Newbie

With the latest patch some of the actions and names for objects within the gave are being giving codes in stead of text for example clicking on a pool gives two codes for actions,the one that was the top option was BE97ACO3 and the bottom one was DC87FEF1. It is confusing at best!

Message 26 of 1,152 (11,028 Views)

Hero

So with further testing it seems that for some of you the language package file did not get updated (for whatever reason) causing this issue.

Since repairing does not replace the file, for now, reinstalling does seem to be the only option.

I'll let you guys know if I find out more.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 27 of 1,152 (11,024 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am having serveral issues with code showing instead of text, anything to do with the Pool update is now all in code and 1 of my Sims has just died and his partner is now sad with the explanation code instead of text.

I have read through the thread and seen that reinsttalling is solving the issue which I will give a go - What has caused this? besides the update? Seems to be effectng a few users!

Message 28 of 1,152 (11,013 Views)

Hero

It seems for some people, something prevents the language file to update which leaves it at the old version. If the strings are not present, you just get codes. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 1,152 (11,009 Views)

★★★ Novice

Okay I have gone ahead and reinstalled Sims on both my and my partners machine's which seems to of solved the issue so far. I have also noticed the loading screens are promting hints (whilst loading) like Sims 3 did.

Message 30 of 1,152 (11,004 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help