[CURRENT ISSUE] Codes instead of text/ Blank text and bubbles

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Codes instead of text/ Blank text and bubbles

Hero
@Mooneonature Have you tried the suggestions on the first page ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 831 of 1,152 (1,695 Views)

★★★ Novice

This was very helpful as i am new to the sims. Thank you!!

Message 832 of 1,152 (2,008 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EP, All GP and All Sp including Paranormal
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? clicking the seance table and changing the lot type to Haunted house
What happens when the bug occurs? Paranormal objects in build mode are named **DEBUG** and the seance table doenst show actions, it just shows empty bubbles or three dots (...)
What do you expect to see? I expect to see names and descriptions for build/buy objects, Haunted House lot type, and actions in the seance table and Paranormal objects
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No, I removed them
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. after installing the Paranormal SP .This problem has never occurred with any other packs.

These are screenshots from the game that shows the problems.

Hi Ive tried everything listed here and nothing has change

Message 833 of 1,152 (1,953 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I already tried each method listed here and noting changed

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Eps, All Gps, All Sps including Paranormal

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In the objects and actions of Paranormal Stuff Pack

What happens when the bug occurs? Paranormal objects in build/buy mode are named **DEBUG** , séance table actions doesn't show options, it just shows empty bubbles or three dots (...), and the Haunted House lot type is blank

What do you expect to see? I expect to see names & description for build/buy mode objects like the séance table and the name and description for the Haunted House lot type

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It has been there since I installed Paranormal stuff pack. This problem has never occurred with any other packs.

‌I already tried

Message 834 of 1,152 (1,966 Views)

Sims 4 Paranormal Stuff Pack doesn't show text

★★★★ Novice

Which language are you playing the game in? Polski
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? The Sims 4: Get to Work The Sims 4: Get Together The Sims 4: City Living The Sims 4: Cats & Dogs The Sims 4: Seasons The Sims 4: Get Famous The Sims 4: Island Living The Sims 4: Discover University The Sims 4: Eco Lifestyle The Sims 4: Outdoor Retreat The Sims 4: Spa Day The Sims 4: Dine Out The Sims 4: Vampires The Sims 4: Parenthood The Sims 4: Jungle Adventure The Sims 4: StrangerVille The Sims 4: Realm of Magic The Sims 4: Perfect Patio Stuff The Sims 4: Cool Kitchen Stuff The Sims 4: Romantic Garden Stuff The Sims 4: Kids Room Stuff The Sims 4: Backyard Stuff The Sims 4: Vintage Glamour Stuff The Sims 4: Toddler Stuff The Sims 4: Laundry Day Stuff The Sims 4: Moschino Stuff The Sims 4: Tiny Living Stuff The Sims 4: Nifty Knitting Stuff The Sims 4: Paranormal
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It happens with the new Paranormal Stuff Pack in Polish version.
What happens when the bug occurs? All Paranormal stuff and activities are described as Debug or it doesn't display any text when I click on items from that pack. It happens only in Polish. I tried the game in English and it works fine, but when I change the language back to Polish there's no text and all the items are called **Debug**.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the text so I know what to choose.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Message 835 of 1,152 (1,959 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Paranormal Stuff Pack doesn't show text

@soniaborawska  I've merged your post with the master thread for this issue.  Please see the first post and the accepted solution on page one for suggestions.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 836 of 1,152 (1,937 Views)

The Sims 4 Paranormal stuff pack interaction bubbles empty

★ Novice

I downloaded the game and everything seemed fine through CAS and build mode. I set my lot type as a haunted house and started playing, then when I clicked on the seance table and the hand the interaction options showed up empty. I clicked one and the animation happened but I have no idea what the other options are. When I tried to interact with the little ghost things the options were also empty but this time clicking them didn't trigger any animation. I've now repaired the whole game as well as just the stuff pack, removed all mods and cc, removed all saves, started a new game, nothing worked. I don't know what to do anymore, no one else seems to be having this issue. 

I'm on PC, Windows.

Message 837 of 1,152 (1,928 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 Paranormal stuff pack interaction bubbles empty

Hero
@LucyFM I've merged you post with the master thread on the issue

Could you try all the suggestions in the first post ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 838 of 1,152 (1,900 Views)

Paranormal Stuff pack - Items named **DEBUG**

★ Novice

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every pack except Snowy escape, Eco Lifestyle, Nifty knitting, Moschino Stuff, My first pet stuff, Stranger Ville, Star Wars, Jungle Adventure, and Realm of Magic
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know if you can find it, or if it really is a bug, but I bought the new pack, Paranormal, and every building item in the pack is named **DEBUG** and the description as well. And the lot type is just blank and the description.
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing really happens the building items is just called **DEBUG**
What do you expect to see? I hope u can fix it
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I repaired and updated the game, but it didn't work. Then I tried to remove my mods and my cc, but it didn't work either.

This is one of the furniture, but it's like this on them all

Message 839 of 1,152 (1,887 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 Paranormal stuff pack interaction bubbles empty

★★★★ Novice

Thank you. I've tried all these methods. Ended up uninstalling The Sims 4 and Origin and installing it again, but then again after installing the Paranormal pack it's broken. I don't have text on any paranormal stuff/activities. However, when I change my game language to English, everything appears fine. I could play in English, but since I've played Sims in Polish forever it's a bit weird haha.

Message 840 of 1,152 (1,889 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help