[CURRENT ISSUE] Codes instead of text/ Blank text and bubbles

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Tiny living doesnt work in english?

[ Edited ]
Hero

@iSkullFox This may be a long shot but could you do the solution for this issue: https://crinrict.com/blog/2020/01/origin-issues-with-installing-and-updating-origin-and-origin-games... then try repairing again ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 681 of 1,152 (822 Views)

★★★ Novice

Okay, I tried my list. And both of the solutions on the blog. 

Still no text in my English game. Frankly I am stumped and amazed.

Switching the game to German and going down my list revealed that the German string won't download either. It keeps inserting the Dutch one. Maybe the pack is locking in the client locating and disabling other language downloads?

Keeping the settings as shown in the blog, my last attempt to solve this will be once more to remove everything. Deinstal sims and origin and installing. 

I could play the game in Dutch, and have the text show...but I really prefer English.

Should I solve the issue I will report back. Thank you for all your help @crinrict

Message 682 of 1,152 (790 Views)

★★★ Novice

I did re-install everything, including origin which then yelled at me for deactivating the helper service.
I turned that back on, installed only the base game and Tiny Living and boom! English text. Installed all the other packs and it still works.

Why on the 4th(!) fresh install things did finally seem to work I cannot tell you, perhaps following @crinrict blog did smooth things over. I am very happy however that it works!

Message 683 of 1,152 (769 Views)

Re: Why is the option for tiny living residential not showing up?

★★ Novice

unfortunately still no luck 😞😞 

Message 684 of 1,152 (764 Views)

@ElegantCupcake  What language are you trying to install the game in, and what language does Origin use?  Please look for the language files for Tiny Living, which by default will be along this path:

Program files (x86)\The Sims 4\Delta\SP16\

Let me know if there's a file labeled String_[language and location].package, and exactly what it's called.  If it is there, please remove it, clear Origin's cache, and then repair the game in Origin (right-click on the Sims 4 icon and select Repair).

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 685 of 1,152 (749 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict Hey. I tried the language removal that you said. Cleared cache in origin and in sims4 documents folder. Now I see I dont even have a folder SP16 in the delta folder. Its under /The Sims 4 directory, but not in delta. All folders in the Sims 4 folder has my language SWE, Im guessing thats because origin is set to it, but all folders in Delta has eng_us that I want ingame. How can I get the delta to show the SP16 folder?
Message 686 of 1,152 (845 Views)

@Amiarah  Have you tried repairing the game yet?  Please also see if you can redownload Tiny Living manually: click the Sims 4 icon in your Origin game library, select More > Stuff Packs (you might need to scroll down to see More), find Tiny Living on the list, and click Download.  But try the repair first, since it should put all the proper files back as long as it reads TL as installed.

Message 687 of 1,152 (815 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@Amiarah   I do not have a SP16 folder under Delta either (I don't know why yet); but as you under The Sims 4 with all the other packs equivalent to what I own. All of them, including the ones under Delta directory, are set to eng-US; Origin is set to English, and the spotlight.xx.yy.package in the folder: cachestr, in The Sims 4 folder, is US ENG as well, (despite me living elsewhere). I have had no problem with strings, or Tiny Living features show up. My tip is to make sure the language align in all places possible, for the time being. See post 1 for tips, as well as several posts in this thread, among them post nr 678, and that poster's previous posts/updates.

Message 688 of 1,152 (803 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict Hello again!

I´ve tried everything, made a clean install, tried different language settings. Will uninstall now and try a swedish language install all the way and see if that works. So boring, with a translated game, but Ill try it.
Nothing else seems to work.
Message 689 of 1,152 (792 Views)

@Amiarah  If you're going the full uninstall route, you might as well try in English again.  The poster immediately before you in this thread had success installing only the base game and Tiny Living, then the rest of the packs once they confirmed TL had the appropriate language strings.

Message 690 of 1,152 (784 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help