[CURRENT ISSUE] Codes instead of text/ Blank text and bubbles

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 university download

★★★ Newbie

I was able to download mine but the selections to enroll are blank and do not appear. cant see anything related to university 

Message 641 of 1,152 (987 Views)

@jengrenauer  I've moved your post to the Sims 4 PC tech section.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 642 of 1,152 (915 Views)

Hero
@jengrenauer Try the suggestions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Codes-instead-of-text-Blank-text-and-bub...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 643 of 1,152 (904 Views)

No text appearing regarding pack

★★★★★ Novice

I installed the Discover University pack and no text appears related to that pack, for example, the name to the discover university aspiration does not appear it just has the name " ". And when I was gonna apply for university on the computer it did not have any text besides "..." Nothing shows up so I don't know what anything I click on is because I don't know what it says (regarding that pack).

Message 644 of 1,152 (1,002 Views)

Re: No text appearing regarding pack

@arianasyuh  Please try the steps listed in this post:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Codes-instead-of-text-Blank-text-and-bub...

Message 645 of 1,152 (980 Views)

I click on sims and some of the options that pop up are completely blank.

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.69.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? The Sims 4 Island Living, The Sims 4 Get Famous, The Sims 4 Cats and Dogs, The Sims 4 City Living, The Sims 4 Get Together, The Sims 4 Get To Work, The Sims 4 Strangerville, The Sims 4 Realm Of Magic, The Sims 4 Vampires.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? You can click on a sim and some of the options are completely blank and don't show up. Some of the notices that pop up for the phone are also completely blank.
What happens when the bug occurs? You can click on a sim and some of the options are completely blank and don't show up. Some of the notices that pop up for the phone are also completely blank.
What do you expect to see? I would like to see this issue fixed to where everything shows up like it is supposed to.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It started happening after the new patch was downloaded.

I click on sims and some of the options that pop up are completely blank. Some of the notices also will be completely blank when they pop up for the phone.

Message 646 of 1,152 (1,343 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Codes instead of text/ Blank text and bubbles

@ayumikaya  I've merged your post into the master thread for this issue.  Please see the first post and the accepted solution on page 1 for a fix.

Message 647 of 1,152 (1,333 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you! I appreciate the help!

Message 648 of 1,152 (1,306 Views)

the text are missing in the game

★★★ Newbie

Hey! 

Its many places where the text are missing..  shown on the photos 

What can i do to fix this? 

Message 649 of 1,152 (1,311 Views)

@Batte091297  I've merged your post into the master thread for this issue.  Please see the first post and the accepted solution on page 1 for help.

Message 650 of 1,152 (1,296 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help