I don't have an exe file to delete only a par
Message 362 of 1,152 (2,007 Views)

Re: [ISSUE] Codes instead of text/ Blank text and bubbles

Hero

Do you have one just called ts4 ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 363 of 1,152 (1,983 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem as everyone else. The game is more or less unplayable because there's no text in the text boxes. I'm pretty sure that it's a problem with the language, but I'm not very tech savvy. I have Get to Work downloaded and  my Strings_ENG_US file is dated 20/03/15. 

I changed Origin's language from English GB to English US in the hopes that this would help. Alas, it seems to have done nothing; now re-installing wont prompt a "choose language" dialogue box either. 

Prior to the aforementioned attempt at fixing the game, I've tried re-installing, repairing, and the "Sims 4 Backup" suggested solutions, but none of them have worked. I have paid $50 AUD for this game on Origin, and I'm feeling so ripped off; the game is literally unplayable. ): However, I appreciate everyone's posts on this help forum but I just wish I could reach a solution. I just really want to play the game, haha!

Message 364 of 1,152 (1,972 Views)

[ISSUE] Codes instead of text/ Blank text and bubbles

★★★ Newbie
I've tried all the possible solutions given and nothing works!!!! I also have the .par file. EA can't fob us off like this - need to tell us how to fix it!!
Message 365 of 1,152 (1,978 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@clairemccann23 Do you have one called ts4 ?

@heavydirtymole And the base game ? What date does that string file have ? You'll find it in data\client. 

Did you go through with the installation when it was not prompting you for the language ? Did you initially install from DVD or download ?

I've added a picture to the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 366 of 1,152 (1,957 Views)

Re: [ISSUE] Codes instead of text

★★★ Newbie

I have had the same ever since I got the expansion 'Get To Work'. Confusedmileymad:

Message 367 of 1,152 (1,948 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

A friend game me the updated string file last night. I updated the base game and GTW expansion strings, but sadly that did not work either. I still have blank text bubbles and code in the place of text. I have also tried re-installing from both Origin and the disc. Unfortunately, neither attempt has been successful. Do you have any other suggestions? I'm a little stuck.  
Thank you for your perseverance, Crin! (: 

[EDIT] I have finally fixed it! I deleted my overflowing mods folder, although it pained me to do so, and then performed your exe deleting suggestion, and now the game is working! 

Message 368 of 1,152 (1,938 Views)

Glitches with get to work

★★★ Newbie
I bought the sims 4 expansion pack Get To Work today, after installing and creating a new character I was excited and eager to play. I got my sim a job as a doctor and after that I looked at her career by clicking the little brief case button in the bottom right corner of my screen. I noticed there were minor glitches and I couldn't read what she needed to do to improve her chances of getting a promotion all that is there is 0/2. I ignored this and kept playing thinking it would not bother me. Morning came in my sims world and I'm assuming that it wanted me to go to work with her but nothing but a blank box with the doctor sign and two blank buttons appeared on my screen, I hit one and I go to work with her, upon her arrival I am excited and take a look around shortly after two sick people walk in, I click on them and there are nothing but icons available for me to select. I am more then disappointed with this game and am utterly let down that I paid good money for something that is not playable. I am a big gamer and fan of the sims, I have been playing since I was 12 now being 18 I expected a lot better then this. This has ruined my expectations of what I thought would be a great game. I hope these glitches are fixed very fast and there is an update for this game. I am not a happy customer!!!
Message 369 of 1,152 (1,930 Views)

Re: Glitches with get to work

Hero

@oliviadancee Merged your post. Please refer to first page

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 370 of 1,152 (6,064 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help