Re: Menu options bugged?

by MzInkedMayhem

Original Post

Re: Graphical bug new DLC missing all text on Star Wars: Journey to Batuu

Hero
@ilovecookies1010 Are you Origin language and Game language the same ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 811 of 1,152 (1,921 Views)

Re: Graphical bug new DLC missing all text on Star Wars: Journey to Batuu

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Product:  Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? Russian
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, University, Get Famous, Realm of Magic, Star Wars
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Set your Sims 4 game to Russian and install add-on Star Wars in English
What happens when the bug occurs? All texts related to Batuu are empty
What do you expect to see? Text 
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. after installing the Sims 4 Star Wars: Journey to Batuu Game Pack.

Reinstallation of the game hasn't helped

I found that in the Applications/The Sims 4/Contents/Delta no folder for GP09

Could this be a problem?

Message 812 of 1,152 (1,818 Views)

Nifty Knitting can't see interactions

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Nederlands
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Last updated version
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all packs except: Journey to Batuu, fitness stuff, perfect patio stuff, romantic garden stuff, movie hangout stuff, cool kitchen stuff and backyard stuff pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? If you buy a yarn basket, you can put it in the inventory, but you can't see the possible interactions it just says "..." After having knit something you can't even sell it on Plopsy, because the interaction doesn't show up? You can only sell it immediately.
What happens when the bug occurs? The name of the interactions don't show up at all.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the name of the interactions, when I click on my yarn basket.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Whenever clicking on an interaction with the rocking chair, or the yarn basket or the finished knitted product, you can't see which interaction you choose. Examples in the attachments. You can only choose for a knitted product to add it to favourites, but you can't see the interaction to sell it on plopsy. You can however still sell it from your inventory itself.

Message 813 of 1,152 (2,172 Views)

Re: Nifty Knitting can't see interactions

Hero
@ela_gewoon I merged your post with the master thread on this.

There's a few suggestions you can try on the first page. Try setting Origin and the game to the same language

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 814 of 1,152 (2,155 Views)

No text showing in Star Wars Journey to Batuu Game Pack

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have evry expansion pack but not ecolife, the game pack i have are Journey to Batuu, Vampire, Realms of Magic and Parenthood. i have no stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? well there is no steps, you just go in to the world of batuu and the bug is there
What happens when the bug occurs? the bug is that you cant see any text, like in jobs or aspiration tasks, and also if you interact with somthing just a plain bubble with no text pops up. you can see it on the pictures on attachments.
What do you expect to see? i expect to see some text and my tasks.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

here are the pictures of the bugs

Message 815 of 1,152 (2,141 Views)

Re: No text showing in Star Wars Journey to Batuu Game Pack

Hero
@alisebmau I merged your post with the master thread on this.

Could you try the suggestions on the first page.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 816 of 1,152 (2,099 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice
@Sazalou87 I get the same issue and messages
Message 817 of 1,152 (1,750 Views)

Hero
@MzInkedMayhem Have you tried the suggestions on the first post ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 818 of 1,152 (1,738 Views)

Snowy escape te

★ Novice

I purchased the sims 4 snowy escape, but when I use it in game all the text that is related to the pack disappears.  

The new aspirations and traits all appear as blank, so do the names on the new areas and world. Pretty much everything. 
the only text that appears is “PremadehouseholdTemplate_EP10_Affluent” on the families living in the world. 

I do have mods, but the bug appears even when I turn my mods off. 

Message 819 of 1,152 (1,585 Views)

Re: Snowy escape te

Champion (Retired)

@Kuzuboshi 

Move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game.

If it works now check for updates to your Mods and CC. Add it back a little at a time while testing until you have found all that are broken.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 820 of 1,152 (1,577 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help