by Simmie99

Original Post

[PARTIAL FIX] [JTB] Non-English versions are missing strings for cheats

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Nederlands
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all the Sims 4 packs installed
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Set your Sims 4 game to Dutch. Go to Batuu (Star Wars Game pack), open cheat console, type testingcheats true and open the ingame Batuu cheats by clicking Shift+Sim.
What happens when the bug occurs? Most of the (Dutch version of) Batuu ingame cheat options are blank or filled with 3 dots. You don't now what the options are so you can't use those cheats. PS I read on Twitter that Russia has the same problem.
What do you expect to see? Text in all the options of the ingame Batuu cheats, so that I know which one to use.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. after installing the Sims 4 Star Wars: Journey to Batuu Game Pack.

please see screenshots.(more in second post)

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 19 (3,357 Views)

Re: Dutch version of Batuu ingame cheat options are blank or filled with dots

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

more screenshots (see post above)

I forgot to tell that I use a new save, no mods/cc and I already have repaired the game. Nothing changed.

Message 2 of 19 (3,338 Views)

Re: Dutch version of Batuu ingame cheat options are blank or filled with dots

Hero
@Simmie99 Merged your post with the master on this

Could you try the suggestions on the first page.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 19 (3,326 Views)

Re: Graphical bug new DLC missing all text on Star Wars: Journey to Batuu

★ Guide

@crinrict Thanks for your reply.

I've tried method 1.

It took hours, but unfortunately it didn't work and the options in the Batuu cheats are still blank.

I checked and the Origin language and Game language are the same (Dutch).

I wanted to try method 2 but in C:> Program Files (x86) > Origin Games > The Sims 4 > Game > Bin I have 2 folders (see screenshots):
- Bin
- Bin_Le

Both have a TS4 application so
- I don't know if that's correct and
- I don't know which one I should delete (and if that doesn't ruin my game)

I also checked the remark from @malinoeshka 'I found that in the Applications/The Sims 4/Contents/Delta no folder for GP09'

I too have that folder missing (see screenshot). I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not.

Can you suggest what the next step must be?

Message 4 of 19 (3,267 Views)

Hero
@Simmie99 The folder in Delta only contains files after it was first patched. Since this hasn't been the case for GP09 it's normal that you don't have that.

Do you have the string file inside the GP09 folder (not in delta but one level up) ?

LE is for the legacy edition so it's about the one in Bin

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 19 (3,240 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@crinrictMy SIms 4 folder does have the Strings_DUT_NL.package file (see screenshot).

I've tried method 2; didn't solve the problem.
Then I've tried the FIX from ZeroFish 122: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Codes-instead-of-text-Blank-text-and-bub...
but that didn't repair it either.

The only thing I haven't done yet is fully uninstall and reinstall The Sims 4 via Origin since this will take me a whole day again (because of 39 packs :-).

I would really appreciate it if EA will check first if they can duplicate this problem, especially because Russia seems to have this problem too.

I hope you are able to ask them to look at this problem a.s.a.p.

Please keep me informed. Thanks for all your good work.Heart

Message 6 of 19 (3,205 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Simmie99 If you open the file in a text editor, is there any text inside ?

(this problem is as old as the game and no one has ever been able to figure it out, so I'm not really holding my breath for a fix).

Russian might be a different problem as they don't have english on Origin but do on Steam. I think this a new factor and I don't know yet how it plays in.

To be sure, is it only the cheats for you ? Maybe there is an issue with the cheat strings missing in dutch and we're actually dealing with something else here. I'll download dutch and try my game.

EDIT: Preliminary tests (Had some troubles with the game verifying  so repeating that right now) show that I can duplicate this. Batuu aren't the only cheats that seem to be missing text in dutch.

Bit torn now cause the best place to post about missing strings is here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technische-problemen/Collectie-Thread-Verschillende-taal-en-vertaal-fouten... .. as that post is dutch, I can't just move your posts over.

Would you mind reposing in that thread ? You can link to this thread so you don't have to re-post everything (best to link to your first post which would be this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Codes-instead-of-text-Blank-text-and-bub...)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 19 (3,198 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@crinrict  Thank you so much for testing. I'm glad you could duplicate the problem (well... not really glad :-)

And you're right, there are more ingame cheats with missing text in dutch.

The NL_string file does have text, but it looks like abracadabra, but maybe it's supposed to look like that (see screenshot).

I've reposted the problem in Dutch in the thread you've mentioned:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technische-problemen/Collectie-Thread-Verschillende-taal-en-vertaal-fouten...

I sincerely hope this problem will be fixed soon. Many thanks for your help.

Message 8 of 19 (3,159 Views)

Hero
@Simmie99 Sorry for making you jump through hoops. I really thought it was just the normal issue.

Will add a note to the first post here :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 19 (3,748 Views)

Hero
@Simmie99 So as per our discussion on twitter, I'm splitting this again and move it back to bugs.

It's an issue in all languages so I think it is best to have the discussion here in the bug forum

Cheats ARE generally unsupported though and I don't know if EA will consider fixing this or not. Def needs lots of me toos.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 19 (2,799 Views)