Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Codes instead of text/ Blank text and bubbles

by cherrielex_13

Original Post

Re: Eco living name glitch

Hero
@RebeccaWiberg Merged your thread with the master thread on missing strings. Could you try the suggestions on the first page.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 751 of 1,152 (1,663 Views)

No text/letters eco lifestyle

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? can not find it in origin, it has the new june update
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All the expansion packs and gamepacks. Some stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In the setting you have for example own settings for seasons etc. I think eco lifestyle has that to but there is no text just green hooks on the page. I have the impression that you can vote on stuff on the tablet/board outside, it has several options but no text. Even the persons who are promoting stuff have no text when they show up in the notification board. It is to my knowledge that this only happens with things related to the eco lifestyle pack. I have now removed my mods and it still wont work as it should.
What happens when the bug occurs? There is no text what so ever.
What do you expect to see? Text
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Here are some screenshots 

Message 752 of 1,152 (1,694 Views)

Re: No text/letters eco lifestyle

Hero
@elnesivo91 Please try suggestions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/OPEN-Codes-instead-of-text-Blank-text-and-bubbles/m-p/...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 753 of 1,152 (1,684 Views)

Blank texts Eco Lifestyle and last update

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every expansions, game packs and stuff packs except Spooky Stuff and Luxury Party Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The texts related to the latest update (1.63.133.1220) and the new expansion Eco Lifestyle are not appearing, it is blank.
What happens when the bug occurs? In the Main Menu, the Eco Lifestyle's title do not appear, it is just showing "Owned". In Manage Worlds, the new names and descriptions of the neighborhoods are not showing, just the icons are there, the Foot Print's icon do not show a description when dragging the mouse on it such as the neighborhoods foot prints as well (You can't see if it is industrial, neutral or green except from the icon's color) and you can't go back from the Foot Print view after clicking on the icon. In the Game Options, the Eco Lifestyle's tab is just blank between Get Famous's tab and Game Camera's tab. When clicking on it, you can't see anything on the page except the two checkmarks. In Gameplay, every notifications in the Notifications Wall related to Eco Lifestyle is blank. On the mailbox, all the interactions possible with the new update and expansion (bills and vote) are blank. When clicking on the blank bill's interaction, you can see on the top the title "$FDE76E08", on the left column "$9E38EA75" and the right one "$58509BA1" twice with two check marks for each, nothing else appears. When clicking on the blank vote's interaction, you can see the option vote's icons and nothing else. For the sim, when checking for the vote's period, nothing appears except the background. For the Inventory 2.0, it is practically impossible to use because everything is blanked for the "Sort By" option and the "Filter Items" option and the option to favorite objects is blank except for an orange circle. Finally, the last thing I've tested was the dumpsters, were the interactions are all blanked except for the "Try for Baby" because it is a text from base game. Those are the few bugs' examples that I've noticed after purchasing the new expansion. There are probably other bugs, but I think it is pretty self-explanatory.
What do you expect to see? The texts should appear.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I've downloaded the latest update (1.63.133.1220) and the new expansion Eco Lifestyle.

The rest of the game is alright. I didn't experience any crashes. 

Message 754 of 1,152 (1,548 Views)

Re: Blank texts Eco Lifestyle and last update

Hero
@sbel96 Could you try the suggestion here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/OPEN-Codes-instead-of-text-Blank-text-and-bubbles/m-p/...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 755 of 1,152 (1,535 Views)

Missing text description

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

After I finish install new game pack Eco living then I notice that text description was missing

I try to fix in origin but it doesn't help

If you know how to fix it please help me

Thank you very much

1.png2.png

4.png5.png

Message 756 of 1,152 (1,595 Views)

Re: Missing text description

Hero
I merged your post with the master thread on this

Could you try the suggestions in the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 757 of 1,152 (1,572 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same issue with the latest expansion: eco life

I can't see the texts in the bubbles in my mac. Game is updated.

Tried to delete thesims4 and repair 3 times and nothing Frown

Message 758 of 1,152 (1,408 Views)

8/7/20- problem with update Sims 4

★★★ Newbie

I have just updated and now I have no text, all my menus have no text, the only text that shows up is on the loading screen.

The menu buttons work, but have no words, same with the clothing specific categories, the words are all gone, although the boxes are there.

Message 759 of 1,152 (1,252 Views)

@jemscr  I've merged your post with the master thread on this issue.  This can be a stubborn problem to fix, but hopefully one of the solutions in the first post or the accepted solution on page one will help you.  Please post back if not.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 760 of 1,152 (1,203 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help