Re: I downloaded 4 Sims 4 extension packs and now I can't read labels

by Betsilynn

Original Post

I downloaded 4 Sims 4 extension packs and now I can't read labels

★★★ Newbie

I downloaded 4 new Sims4 games packs.  When I go into the game to play, all the drop down and menus are blank.  I can't tell what I'm doing or supposed to be doing.  I also can't place a house on property.  What do I do ?

Message 741 of 1,152 (1,357 Views)

Hero
@Betsilynn Sounds like this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Codes-instead-of-text-Blank-text-and-bub...

Try the suggestions provided on the first page.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 742 of 1,152 (1,326 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@crinrict I did the repair files and it cleared everything up !!!
Thank you !!!
Message 743 of 1,152 (1,283 Views)

June 3rd update content didn't load completely

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hi everyone, 

After downloading the newest update (from June 3rd 2020), I opened my game and wanted to start playing. Everything was working, the game was crashing at first but I somehow managed to fix that, but just as I wanted to try out some of the new features, such as ladders, the new updated inventory or firefighters, I found out that the update didn't load in its entirety, or it seems like it didn't. The bars where the names of the inventory sections should be placed are empty, the names of the city districts are empty too, or not translated (I play my game in czech). When I click on the fire and want to call the firefighters, the bar where the option for calling them should be is empty. I can place the ladder in the game, but its name and description isn't loaded either. Is there something that I can do to fix that or should I reinstall the game? I thought maybe if I waited for tomorrow when I'll install Eco Lifestyle, it would load, but I really don't know what to do at this point. I've already disfunctioned my mods and nothing changed.

Does anyone have the same problem or does anyone know how to solve it?

Thanks!

Message 744 of 1,152 (1,220 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Codes instead of text/ Blank text and bubbles

@valintexe  I've merged your post with the master thread for this issue.  Please try the workarounds in the first two posts on page one for a potential fix.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 745 of 1,152 (1,198 Views)

[ECO] No text bug

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get to Work, Jungle Adventures, Parenthood, Tiny Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When first entering the game, at the main menu. In CAS at the filter menu, or the traits from ECO. In a game by looking at the mailbox for the new bill system. In the inventory when filtering or multi-selecting. In build/buy mode when doors/windows have a new addition to them.
What happens when the bug occurs? There are no descriptive texts, or names, just blank.
What do you expect to see? Descriptions.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Updated to the June 3rd patch.

Pictures to explain the bug more clearly:

Example 1Example 1Example 2Example 2

More pictures can be given if needed. 

Message 746 of 1,152 (1,200 Views)

Re: [ECO] No text bug

Hero
@fearsparkz Could you try the suggestions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/OPEN-Codes-instead-of-text-Blank-text-and-bubbles/m-p/... ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 747 of 1,152 (1,193 Views)

★★★ Novice
@crinrict Yes, that helped! Thank you so much! Standard smile
Message 748 of 1,152 (1,185 Views)

Hero
@fearsparkz Glad it did. Merged your thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 749 of 1,152 (1,158 Views)

Eco living name glitch

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don’t know
What happens when the bug occurs? I can’t see the name of the new eco living sims or the name of their lots. Just says something in style with “premadehousehold_trader”
What do you expect to see? Their names
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Download of eco living

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template

Message 750 of 1,152 (1,116 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help