Tiny Living pack: empty text bubbles

by Dcchayenne

Original Post

Re: Tiny Living text bug makes game unplayable in Spanish

★★★★ Novice

Same thing is happening to me, I already tried to uninstall and install again... didn't work! If i change to another language it works, but not in English --'

Message 721 of 1,152 (1,068 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have the exact same problem with Tiny Living. I am playing in Dutch but the text is missing the same way as avecremms screenshots show. If I set my game to English the text does show. I tried everything, repairing, reinstalling, playing on another pc, but nothing solves the problem. 

Message 722 of 1,152 (976 Views)

Hero
@leenniepeennie You have the issue on both PCs ? Could you try restarting your router ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 723 of 1,152 (960 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@crinrict thank you for your message. I have solved my problem just now by setting my Origin from English to Dutch and reinstalling my game, like you suggested before. This is the first pack that downloaded in English instead of Dutch but I had Origin in English all this time. And of course I had Origin in English at both my laptop and my desktop. I am glad that it is solved. Thank you for your help!

Message 724 of 1,152 (1,468 Views)

Hero
@leenniepeennie Glad to hear. Thanks for your feedback.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 725 of 1,152 (1,464 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Codes instead of text/ Blank text and bubbles

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict I have the same problem as @avecremm, and this didn't help me.. I have tried a lot now, do you have any new ways to fix this?
Message 726 of 1,152 (1,273 Views)

@Katrinekaaber  So you uninstalled both Sims 4 and Origin, and installed only the base game and Tiny Living?  Did you uninstall Origin "the hard way":

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/manually-uninstalling-origin/

and then set it to the language you wanted for Sims 4 when you reinstalled it?

You could still try the other steps listed in the first post and the accepted solution on page 1, just with TL installed and no other packs.  But unfortunately, I haven't heard of anything else working except for changing the language of Windows too, which is a drastic step for most people.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 727 of 1,152 (1,260 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict I just tried the hard way, and it worked. Thank you so much!
Message 728 of 1,152 (1,247 Views)

Tiny Living pack: empty text bubbles

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Get Famous, Seasons, City Living, Get to Work, Parenthood, Tiny Living Stuff Pack, Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? After installing the Tiny Living Stuff Pack it never worked like it should.
What happens when the bug occurs? It does not show text from the Tiny Living Stuff Pack anywhere. For example in conversations, the Tiny Living Stuff Pack options are blanc, also the Lot option from Tiny Living Stuff Pack is blanc. I can click on it, and it works, but I don't see what it says. Just like the formats, I see the pictures of the Tiers, but not these names: Tier 3: Small Home Tier 2: Tiny Home Tier 1: Micro Home Also I cannot see how many tiles to go to complete a tier, cause it shows a empty narrow blue bar. (It seems it doesn't even get the data, cause its not the text size) Summary: All Tiny Living Stuff Pack added options are clickable and do what they should, but I can't see what it is I am clicking on, cause it doesn't show the text. I have never seen it work properly on my pc.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the text from Tiny Living Stuff Pack everyone else has. Standard smile Especialy not having the blue bar filled with text telling me how many tiles for the chosen tier, loses the pack experience for me. Frown
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My pc:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz 1.99 GHz

Internal memory: 8.00 GB (7.89 GB available)

System: 64-bits, x64-processor

I always keep everything up to date!

Things I have tried:

Method 1 failed

• Right click on the game in Origin and choose game properties
  • Change the language to something other than what it's now and let the game repair itself
  • Change the language back to your Original one

Also: repaired the game a dozen times before and after the fact ^ Tongue out 

Method 2 failed

• deleting Electronic Arts/The Sims 4 folder (after creating backup)
  • playing with a new save

Method 3 failed

• deleting all origin cache files

Method 4 failed

• Backup your user files
  • Delete the following file from your hard drive:
    • <game_install_location>\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\TS4.exe or just TS4 if you have your extension hidden for known types (see pic below)
      By default on 64 bit Windows this will be located in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\TS4_64.exe)
  • Go to the Origin “My Games” library
    The Sims 4 game tile will change from “Play” to “Download” <--- this and the next step did not happen for me, the game did repair automatically, but gave an error when I tried playing
  • Start the Download
    Origin may prompt you for what language to install in, if it does make sure to choose the same language you originally installed The Sims 4 in.

Method 5  failed

I have found others complaining about something similar with a StrangerVille package. They seem to not have a specific language file.

So I checked this and I seem to be having the file in Dutch (Strings_DUT_NL.package) everywhere, while I am currently playing in English. (changing language doesn't change this, see method 1).

I was not able to get the file (Strings_ENG_US.package) in english as its not aloud, so couldn't get it to work this way.

Method 6 Solution!

@crinrict Thank you! it works putting origin to English and the game to Dutch and getting it repaired. Back to English it was broken again, so I'll leave the game on Dutch. :D 

Message 729 of 1,152 (1,101 Views)

Re: Tiny Living pack: empty text bubbles

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Dcchayenne I merged your thread with the main one. If none of the solutions work, I don't have any more.

Unfortunately it's not allowed to upload game files to AHQ or other places.

What language is your Origin Client ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 730 of 1,152 (1,082 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help