Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Tiny Living text bug makes game unplayable in Spanish

by HolyCraptor17

Original Post

Highlighted

Re: Simplified Chinese: does not support Tiny Living and have translation mistak

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I deleted origin and the sims folders completely and reinstalled the base game and Tiny Living only, but no luck. 

I changed to a brand new laptop and tried again, got the same result.

The string file in my SP16 folder says "ENG_US" while I chose "Simplified Chinese" for my game on both laptops... All other EPs' string files are "CHS_CN". I deleted the string file and repaired the game, the same string file reappears. Origin does not have a Simplified Chinese version...

Message 711 of 722 (429 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Simplified Chinese: does not support Tiny Living and have translation mistak

Hero
@YukiWayne79 Could you do this: https://crinrict.com/blog/2020/01/origin-issues-with-installing-and-updating-origin-and-origin-games... and then try the delete exe then repair game again trick ?

For some Origin is being very stubborn atm.

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 712 of 722 (403 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

Just did that, still the same...

Message 713 of 722 (374 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Hero

@YukiWayne79 I moved this over to the collection thread.

I'm really totally at loss what else to suggest.

I would get in touch with support and see if they can do anything for you. You just need that string file (I tested this on my computer and it downloaded fine).

Game advisors can be found through live chat or call-back

Click on this this link for fast finding https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ 

In Details here: How to contact a Game Advisor

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 714 of 722 (360 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Thanks for your time! Yes I reckon the correct string file will solve the problem. Origin just wouldn't let me get it...

Message 715 of 722 (342 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@YukiWayne79 Maybe support will be able to help out. Just show them this and what you already tried so they don't make you jump through hoops again.

The issue is: Origin for whatever reason doesn't let you download the tiny living simplified Chinese file.

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 716 of 722 (327 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Thanks. I contacted EA support and they reset my account then asked me to reinstall the game. It still did not solve the issue. Frown 

After a painful process of communication, they acknowledged that it might be a bug and they will report it to the developers...

Message 717 of 722 (308 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

Same thing is happening to me, I already tried to uninstall and install again... didn't work! If i change to another language it works, but not in English --'

Message 718 of 722 (144 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

I have the exact same problem with Tiny Living. I am playing in Dutch but the text is missing the same way as avecremms screenshots show. If I set my game to English the text does show. I tried everything, repairing, reinstalling, playing on another pc, but nothing solves the problem. 

Message 719 of 722 (50 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@leenniepeennie You have the issue on both PCs ? Could you try restarting your router ?

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 720 of 722 (34 Views)
Twitter Stream