Re: Simplified Chinese: does not support Tiny Living and have translation mistak

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Simplified Chinese: does not support Tiny Living and have translation mistak

[ Edited ]
Hero

@YukiWayne79 The issue with the missing strings seems to be this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Codes-instead-of-text-Blank-text-and-bub...

Think there would be more reports if it was indeed missing for everyone. Please try the suggestions on the first page of that thread.

As for the translation issues, I'll set up a new thread for simplified Chinese where you can put all issues. You can then put all the issues with screenshot in there.

I'll link it here when I have done so.

EDIT: Here's the new thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-Translation-and-Text-Errors-with-Simplified/... .. please post any translation and text errors in there. With pictures. You can insert the pictures direcly into the post by using the image icon (next to that chain icon)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 711 of 1,152 (1,040 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thanks! I tried the suggested solutions in the thread for the missing texts but unfortunately the same issue remains. I think my situation is the same as @avecremm 's.

Message 712 of 1,152 (1,026 Views)

Hero
@YukiWayne79 Did you try removing the exe file as well ?

Do you have a string file for simplyfied chinese in the SP16 folder ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 713 of 1,152 (1,023 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I deleted origin and the sims folders completely and reinstalled the base game and Tiny Living only, but no luck. 

I changed to a brand new laptop and tried again, got the same result.

The string file in my SP16 folder says "ENG_US" while I chose "Simplified Chinese" for my game on both laptops... All other EPs' string files are "CHS_CN". I deleted the string file and repaired the game, the same string file reappears. Origin does not have a Simplified Chinese version...

Message 714 of 1,152 (1,317 Views)

Hero
@YukiWayne79 Could you do this: https://crinrict.com/blog/2020/01/origin-issues-with-installing-and-updating-origin-and-origin-games... and then try the delete exe then repair game again trick ?

For some Origin is being very stubborn atm.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 715 of 1,152 (1,291 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Just did that, still the same...

Message 716 of 1,152 (1,262 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@YukiWayne79 I moved this over to the collection thread.

I'm really totally at loss what else to suggest.

I would get in touch with support and see if they can do anything for you. You just need that string file (I tested this on my computer and it downloaded fine).

Game advisors can be found through live chat or call-back

Click on this this link for fast finding https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ 

In Details here: How to contact a Game Advisor

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 717 of 1,152 (1,248 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Thanks for your time! Yes I reckon the correct string file will solve the problem. Origin just wouldn't let me get it...

Message 718 of 1,152 (1,230 Views)

Hero
@YukiWayne79 Maybe support will be able to help out. Just show them this and what you already tried so they don't make you jump through hoops again.

The issue is: Origin for whatever reason doesn't let you download the tiny living simplified Chinese file.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 719 of 1,152 (1,216 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Thanks. I contacted EA support and they reset my account then asked me to reinstall the game. It still did not solve the issue. Frown 

After a painful process of communication, they acknowledged that it might be a bug and they will report it to the developers...

Message 720 of 1,152 (1,197 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help