Re: TS4 Tiny Living - Glitched really bad!

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I tried, but Origin refuses to let me install it in English, I tried setting the language on my Laptop to English as default, but it still shows everything in German... Is there a way to force Origin to install in English?

Edit: Found out how to install Origin in English (fiddled with my PC settings and got the default language set to English, finally), deleted the folder, reinstalled Tiny Living, still says the language strings are in German...

Message 701 of 1,152 (1,117 Views)
Highlighted

@Cara_Grace93  I'm sorry, I don't know what else to suggest other than uninstalling the entire game again, then installing only the base game and Tiny Living.  You can disable automatic game updates in Origin: hover over your username, select Application Settings, and under Application (the first tab), scroll down to Client update.  This won't prevent Origin from downloading your other packs later, but it will give you a chance to test whether TL alone finally installs in English.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 702 of 1,152 (1,102 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Alright, I'll try that one Standard smile

Thanks for your help Standard smile

Message 703 of 1,152 (1,091 Views)

A horrible bug in the sims 4

★★★ Newbie

So I bought sims 4 University and Island living and they both downloaded just fine, I thought. The problem is that whenever I try click on something from those expansions all the info are gone. Like whenever I click on the ocean you're supposed to be able to swim with dolfins or something but it only shows a blank bubble where the options from those games are supposed to be. There is no information on any of the univerities and all the items from the expansions only says *debug*. This only applies to the latest games, games I haven't bought too, like realm of magic and tiny living.

I tried repairing the game in origin, but now all of my sims 4 games are bugged .. Please help.

Message 704 of 1,152 (1,068 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Codes instead of text/ Blank text and bubbles

@Player_4amoa74w  I've merged your post into the master thread for this issue.  Please try the steps in the first two posts on page 1; sometimes it takes a few tries to find the one that works for you.  If nothing helps, let us know.

Message 705 of 1,152 (1,047 Views)

Tiny Living text bug makes game unplayable in Spanish

★★★★★ Novice

Hello! So I just bought The Sims 4 Tiny Living and I run into a problem when playing in Spanish -which is the language I've always played in.

As you can see in the first screenshots ("buildMode0.png" and buildMode1.png") the text for "Tiny Home Residential" and the requirements aren't showing. At first I thought the mods I had installed were the problem so I removed them (I only had MC Command Center and UI Extensions), but the text still didn't appear. Then I repaired the game using the Repair option in Origin, still had the problem. Then I thought maybe something corrupted my game files so I uninstalled and did a clean install, but the problem persisted.

So I changed the game language to English and everything works fine, mods included, as seen in the screenshots "buildMode0_english.png" and buildMode1_english.png"

I don't mind playing in English, but I prefer to play in Spanish because it's my first language and I've always played The Sims in Spanish. I don't know if this is happening to anyone else who is playing in Spanish, but if anyone has a solution, I will gladly appreciate it.

buildMode0.png

buildMode1.png

buildMode0_english.png

buildMode1_english.png

Message 706 of 1,152 (1,066 Views)

@avecremm  I've merged your post with the master thread on this issue.  Please see the first post and the accepted solution on page 1 for steps to try.  If none of them work for you, please let us know.

Message 707 of 1,152 (1,060 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict hey! thanks for this, but unfortunatelly none of the solutions listes in the post work for me Frown I'll just have to patiently wait for more solutions or a fix by ea!
Message 708 of 1,152 (1,006 Views)

@avecremm  Unfortunately, this issue seems particularly stubborn this time around.  One thing you could try, if you have the patience, is uninstalling the game and Origin, reinstalling Origin in the language you want for Sims 4, and then installing only the base game and Tiny Living.  Once you confirmed that the language strings had installed correctly, you could add the rest of your packs.

This has worked for a few people, but it might not be worth the effort for you.  As this issue has been around since the beginning, I wouldn't count on a fix from EA.

Message 709 of 1,152 (1,000 Views)

Simplified Chinese: does not support Tiny Living and have translation mistakes

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? 中文(繁體)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansion Packs and all Game Packs as at Feb 2020 + Cool Kitchen Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Tiny Living, Vintage Glamour Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Bug 1: Open game in Simplified Chinese and look at any Tiny Living contents. Bug 2: Wait until the season turns to summer and read the screen notification for "summer", or read the description of any plant that is in season in summer.
What happens when the bug occurs? *I play in Simplified Chinese but the template does not have this option. Bug 1: All texts from Tiny Living Contents are blank. This only happens with Tiny Living stuff pack but not any other packs. All stuff and traits of Tiny Living function normally but all descriptions are blank. The item name and descriptions for all Tiny Living items in the Build & Buy mode shows "**Debug**". The lot traits and requirements are completely blank. Bug 2: The text for "summer" in Seasons actually says "the sims with the waterproof trait will not get wet in rain" in Simplified Chinese instead of saying "summer". I repaired the game and reinstalled the game multiple times but the same bugs happen every time.
What do you expect to see? Bug 1: I expect to see the Simplified Chinese descriptions for Tiny Living items and traits. Bug 2: I expect to see "夏季" ("summer" in Simplified Chinese) instead of seeing "防水的模拟市民在雨中也不会淋湿。".
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This happens after I changed the language from English to Simplified Chinese.

Bug 1: Tiny Living Stuff cannot be shown in Simplified Chinese

Bug 1.jpg

Bug 2: In Simplified Chinese, the text for "summer" was replaced by an irrelevant sentence.

Bug 2.jpg

In addition to the two issues above, I also want to raise some translation confusion issues with the Simplified Chinese version. 

I have been playing the Sims from 2000 and I speak Mandarin Chinese at home. I am thrilled to see EA incorporated Simplified Chinese for the Sims. However, there are quite a few incorrect translations texts that caused much confusion and inconveniences to the gameplay. If I haven't been playing in English in the past 10 years I wouldn't have known what the description is all about. So I am wondering if there is a place where people like me could quickly list some translation mistakes/confusions to help improve the Simplified Chinese translation of the game? Many of the mistakes were caused by a misunderstanding of the context. For example, in University Expansion, the "degree" was translated as "度" (the "degree" as in temperature) instead of "学位" (the "degree" as in academic degree). 

Message 710 of 1,152 (1,059 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help