Re: TS4 Tiny Living - Glitched really bad!

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Re: Why is the option for tiny living residential not showing up?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@puzzlezaddictThanks for reply.

How do I stop the other addons from installing automatically with The Sims 4? They just pop up as soon as I install, or do I just pause them (Im so sorry, found it when installing) ? I could probably pause all 100 of them xD Ill try this, thanks. Do you know if store language has any impact?

Message 691 of 1,152 (983 Views)

@Amiarah  In Origin, hover over your username, select Application Settings, scroll down to Client update, and disable automatic game updates.  Then when installing the base game, uncheck the boxes next to all the packs that aren't Tiny Living.   Origin will download your other packs anyway, or try to, but not until you've already launched the game once or twice, so you can check whether the language strings are present for Tiny Living.

Having Origin in a different language isn't supposed to cause problems, and I thought you'd already tried switching Origin's language.  But if you wanted, you could switch Origin to English before reinstalling the game.  Clearing Origin's cache (again) is a good idea too.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 692 of 1,152 (963 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@puzzlezaddict Thanks. I reinstalled. And NOW I got an error 327683:0. So Im gonna try to solve this one. Atleast now I have something to go on. Will reinstall Origin as per another post and see if that works.
Message 693 of 1,152 (961 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Amiarah OMG OMG OMG... THIS actually worked. I did not get an error message before, but it seems that my origin was weird, and didnt fully install the pack. Now all language files are ok and my boxes are full with text, and the debug is gone from the items and they actually work. Thanks a lot for all the help. I love you guys for doing this <3
Message 694 of 1,152 (1,020 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Doesn't work for me sadly, I tried everything. My origin is now English, I redownloaded the game in English, still glitched. Doesn't matter if I repair the game, if I have mods in it or not, nothing worked so far and I'm starting to get seriously annoyed by this

Message 695 of 1,152 (994 Views)

@Cara_Grace93  Which language strings are glitched: the ones from Tiny Living, from other packs or just the base game, or from everything?

Message 696 of 1,152 (1,153 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Just from Tiny Living. The Objects say 'DEBUG', instead of the proper description, the lot type doesn't show (the place where the tiers are supposed to be as well as the description are just blank bubbles) and when I try to upgrade the Murphy bed the new upgrade options also just show as blank bubbles. I first thought a mod was the problem, so I removed all of them. Then I repaired the game, set the game language to German, repaired it again, set Origin to English and reinstalled the game again after uninstalling it first, sadly nothing helps and Tiny Living is still glitched. Everything else works fine, though

Message 697 of 1,152 (1,148 Views)

@Cara_Grace93  There are a couple of places to look for the proper language strings, both in the program files for Sims 4.  Unless you changed the default install path in Origin, the file paths will be:

Program files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\SP16

Program files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Delta\SP16

In each folder, look for a file called Strings_[something].package.  Let me know what they're called, if they're there.  Then remove one, repair the game, test, and if it doesn't help, remove the other, repair, and test.  Please also let me know whether the files get replaced after they're removed.

If this doesn't help, you can try deleting the SP16 folder inside the Sims 4 folder and redownloading the pack.

Message 698 of 1,152 (1,141 Views)

★★★★ Novice

there is a file like that, it's called Strings_GER_DE.package, which is really weird...

I even tried deleting it, and the whole folder, but it seems that even though my game and Origin are both in English, the Pack is automatically installed in German

Message 699 of 1,152 (1,115 Views)
Highlighted

@Cara_Grace93  Try clearing Origin's cache and uninstalling it "the hard way" (only Origin, not Sims 4 for now), delete the SP16 folder again, reinstall Origin in English, and install the pack.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/origin/origin/manually-uninstalling-origin/

Message 700 of 1,152 (1,110 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help