Re: Why is the option for tiny living residential not showing up?

by iSkullFox

Original Post

★★ Novice

Hi guys, I’ve never had an issue With the sims 4 (pc) 1st time ever reporting a bug but since I’ve downloaded tiny living my game is full of them I’ve uninstalled it cleared all my mods and cc deleted all my saved files. All the items come up as Debug with no description or nothing, when in build mode when wanting to select tiny home only comes up with a residential lot for and nothing else !! Also hovering to look at my sims mood the description is invisible too.. please help is there something I haven’t done right or is it tiny living?

Message 671 of 1,152 (798 Views)

★★ Novice

I’ve just done what you have just suggested.. every other lot type comes up and it give me a blank option with the logo of tiny living.. 

Message 672 of 1,152 (790 Views)

Hero
@ElegantCupcake That's a different issue and I moved your posts over to the thread on that.

Please see first post for some suggestions to try.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 673 of 1,152 (746 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice
@crinrict I have the same issue as the poster above you. I have tried to repair my game. Change the language of origin and the game. Uninstalled and fresh installed. Removed language files/strings and updated. No mods present at all.

I still have no text for all tiny living items and gameplay features.

My location is the Netherlands but everything i have is installed in english. Changing all this around does not solve the issue. Do we need a patch?
Message 674 of 1,152 (737 Views)

Hero
@iSkullFox If you go to the installation folder, do you have an english string file for tiny living (SP16 folder)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 675 of 1,152 (732 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@crinrict

Interesting, no the Dutch file shows up. I have deleted that one, repaired it. Still no text. And places a new dutch string.

Delete both the base game and SP16 one, repaired. No text. 

Tried both again and instead of repairing I updated, no text. Can I get a separate string somewhere to put into that folder?

Message 676 of 1,152 (851 Views)

Hero
@iSkullFox Did you also try the method deleting the exe file (or move to desktop ?)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 677 of 1,152 (840 Views)

Tiny living doesnt work in english?

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I got Tiny Living on Tuesday but havent been able to play because the tiny residential lot type just shows as a blank. Im currently reinstalling everything and started my game after the base game and tiny living was installed to see if its working. I had my game language set to german and it worked. 

I thought i solved it but when i changed the language back to english, because I like playing in english better than in german, it went back to not working.

I dont have any CC or mods installed currently so it cant be because of those. Does anyone have a solution? 

Message 678 of 1,152 (842 Views)

Re: Tiny living doesnt work in english?

Hero
@disneyniam It's a problem of the language file not downloading properly. See first page for more info. (merged your post with master thread on this)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 679 of 1,152 (835 Views)

Re: Tiny living doesnt work in english?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@crinrictI did remove the .exe file. but unfortunately that hasn't helped. I am seeing everything in the Dutch langauge, but the English files aren't installing. I am currently doing:

- remove .exe
- remove language file base game and sp16
- switch to german
- repair
- (try game and look)
- remove .exe.
- remove all language files both maps
- switch game to english
- repair

try

I will report back :D

Message 680 of 1,152 (830 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help