Re: Tiny living texts are broken

by DocTxt

Original Post

Tiny living texts are broken

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Install Tiny Living and start the game, go into build mode and try to change the lot to tiny residantial (or whatever it is called, I can't see it). Enter buy mode and hover over any Tiny Living object, no name and description available. Move into a tiny house, tiny house moodlets are blank.
What happens when the bug occurs? I can't see anything text related to the tiny living stuff pack
What do you expect to see? All texts from tiny living stuffpack, such as pbjects descritions and names, moodlets texts and in build mode the lot type.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I installed tiny living stuff pack

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Install Tiny Living and start the game, go into build mode and try to change the lot to tiny residantial (or whatever it is called, I can't see it). Enter buy mode and hover over any Tiny Living object, no name and description available. Move into a tiny house, tiny house moodlets are blank.
What happens when the bug occurs? I can't see anything text related to the tiny living stuff pack
What do you expect to see? All texts from tiny living stuffpack, such as pbjects descritions and names, moodlets texts and in build mode the lot type.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I installed the tiny living stuff pack

Baumoduns.jpgBaumoduns.jpgdebug.jpg

Message 661 of 1,152 (1,919 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I already tried to repair the game several times until I decided, I uninstall and reinstall, so the game runs completely vanilla on a fresh save, still the issue remains.

Message 662 of 1,152 (1,915 Views)

TS4 Tiny Living - Glitched really bad!

★★★ Newbie

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except The Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It's located in my catalogue, since all the items from TS4 Tiny Living appear with the **DEBUG** description. And also, the game doesn't run all the features supposed to be from Tiny Living (square count, tier indicator, etc - as viewed in image attached)
What happens when the bug occurs? I cannot experience the Tiny Living Stuff Pack fully since almost all the features and items that came with it seem to be glitched. I tried to use the tier count but I don't even know if it's a Micro Home or whatever because it doesn't say and the tile counter only appears at the upper left part (not also in the upper center part as it is supposed to)
What do you expect to see? I just want to play the game as normal, since this looks like a really bad glitch
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Please describe the patch or change you made. I've installed Tiny Living

I cannot experience the Tiny Living Stuff Pack fully since almost all the features and items that came with it seem to be glitched.

I tried to use the tier count but I don't even know if it's a Micro Home or whatever because it doesn't say anything and the tile counter only appears at the upper left part (not also in the upper center part as it is supposed to).

Even the items appear only with the **DEBUG** description and not the normal description as it is supposed to.

(I don't even have bb.moveobjects on nor do I have any mods or CC installed)

Message 663 of 1,152 (1,964 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i have the same issue, no mods

Message 664 of 1,152 (1,669 Views)

Re: TS4 Tiny Living - Glitched really bad!

★★★★ Pro

Have you tried repairing your game and deleting your localthumbcache file to see if that helps? The tier count and item descriptions are working fine for me. (no mods/cc in my game, all the packs incl Tiny Living and I'm on the most recent game version PC: 1.60.54.1020 )

Best regards, 

Jennifer

Message 665 of 1,152 (1,707 Views)

★ Novice

I also have an issue with the murphy bed breaking almost every time its slept in

Message 666 of 1,152 (1,165 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

For me it helped, to install the game in german (my native language, and the language my Origin is installed as). Everything works as ist should now, the furniture shows all descriptions and no DEBUG anymore, also the tiers are named now and the moodlets that appear with the micro home work now.

Message 667 of 1,152 (1,158 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@DocTxt For me it helped, to install the game in german (my native language, and the language my Origin is installed as). Everything works as ist should now, the furniture shows all descriptions and no DEBUG anymore, also the tiers are named now and the moodlets that appear with the micro home work now.

I still wish, I could play my game in english if I want to, I never had any problems with that before.
Message 668 of 1,152 (1,133 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@maryinesd I merged your post with the master thread on this.

Please try the suggestions on the first page.

@DocTxt Try switching back to english to see if it works then. If not, also try other suggestions on the first page.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 669 of 1,152 (1,103 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This helped for me too. I uninstalled the game. Put my origins to English then re installed the game also in English and now everything works so I guess maybe your game language and your origin language have to be the same for some reason. Don't know why but it worked!

Message 670 of 1,152 (1,048 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help