Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Codes instead of text/ Blank text and bubbles

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Sim's Text Disappearing

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

My Sims4 text boxes have all completely disappeared. What used to be English is now random keysmash type words like "6gjwni27428qjf". I can't see anything with text, but other than that everything's working normally??? You just can't see what you're doing even in gameplay and on the main menu, everything is just blank. I bought the game from the official site, so not like there should be any technological bugs from potentially harmful sites. any advice?

Message 651 of 1,152 (1,589 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Codes instead of text/ Blank text and bubbles

@Alexm8817  I've merged your post with the master thread on this issue.  Please see the first post and the accepted solution on page 1 for more information.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 652 of 1,152 (1,574 Views)

No text in sims 4 after most recent update

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? IDK the latest, just updated
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all the packs except for University
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? honestly don't know
What happens when the bug occurs? I can not see any text when I open the game. every option is blank.
What do you expect to see? No text options
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

When I open my game I can't see any text, I had some mods, I deleted them thinking it might have been them. It seems to be the most recent patch that is making this happen. 

Message 653 of 1,152 (1,591 Views)

Re: No text in sims 4 after most recent update

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@MadeleineGames: Since you have mods, try testing without them? (Move them to another place on your computer, delete localthumbcache.package from the Sims 4 folder in Documents, and Repair the game in Origin. Don't save your game while testing!)

Message 654 of 1,152 (1,775 Views)

★★ Novice
@StarryMight Just did that! sadly the same result.
Message 655 of 1,152 (1,768 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@MadeleineGames : Dang. Thanks for trying, though.
Message 656 of 1,152 (2,597 Views)

Hero
@MadeleineGames Sounds like this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/OPEN-Codes-instead-of-text-Blank-text-and-bubbles/m-p/... although every option sounds a bit different.

Could you try the suggested workarounds on that thread ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 657 of 1,152 (2,547 Views)

Hero
@MadeleineGames Have you been able to resolve this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 658 of 1,152 (2,515 Views)

Text not showing after installation of Island Living

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? For example where you choose jobs, if you click on the water in Sulani, in aspirations and where you choose what kind of party you want.
What happens when the bug occurs? The white bubbles with actions in them are blank and some of them don't work at all. In the menu where you choose a job, the Island Living jobs don't have names or descriptions. This also applies to the new aspirations and the party that comes with this expansion pack. Finally, all of the items in build mode that came with Island Living is called "debug" and have no descriptions. (I have problems with everything that has something to do with Island Living)
What do you expect to see? I want to see text in the white bubbles, the job menu, and the party menu. I also want to see descriptions and names in build mode and aspirations
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

IMG_0049.JPGIMG_0046.JPGIMG_0057.JPGIMG_0056.JPGIMG_0045.JPGIMG_0051.JPG

Screenshots

Message 659 of 1,152 (2,563 Views)

Re: Text not showing after installation of Island Living

Hero
@Ekorre44 Merged your post with master thread on this.

Please try the suggestions on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 660 of 1,152 (2,547 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help