Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Codes instead of text/ Blank text and bubbles

by asmoshingeki

Original Post

Re: Realm of magic world not working

★★★ Novice

I've attempted each solution that was listed in the first post none of which fixed the issue, but I did however attempt something which has some effect of sorts. I switched the language to Norwegian, repaired the game through Origin, switch it back to English and then repaired it again. So now, somehow, everything that is included in the Realm of Magic game pack (aspirations, spells, actions, buy/build items etc) is still just blank, no text whatsoever. Every world description is somehow still in Norwegian, and the rest is in English.  Devil

It's perhaps worth mentioning that when I bought the Moschino pack I also had problems with blank text for all new items and actions brought with the pack, but it fixed itself after reinstalling the game.

Before this I've never had any issue with installing any of the expansion, game or stuff packs, and I have all of them. All of which are bought through Origin.  

Message 631 of 1,152 (2,458 Views)

Hero
@seeurock55 Did you try the other suggestions on the first page ?

Unfortunately, I don't have any further suggestions on this issue.

Something seems to corrupt the downloads.

If you don't mind third party tools you can download S3Studio and look at the string file with (for those who have it) and check if there's readable strings in there).

I've escalated this again but otherwise, I'm at loss why the files are just not downloading properly.

Maybe deleting Origin cache files can help: https://crinrict.com/blog/2014/09/delete-origin-cache-files.html or reinstalling Origin from scratch.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 632 of 1,152 (2,431 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@crinrict  Deleting Origin cache and reinstalling Origin didn't help with the issue

Message 633 of 1,152 (2,417 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I've found a solution that seems to have fixed my issue.

I happened to notice that my set language for Origin was Norwegian whilst my set language for Sims 4 was English, something which I've never really given much thought about until now. So I switched it to English before I restarted Origin, and then I went and repaired Sims 4 one more time which seems to have added whatever files I were missing, because now all the text is present in game.

Message 634 of 1,152 (2,408 Views)

Hero
@Sir_Staros Thanks for that

tagging @asmoshingeki to see this solution

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 635 of 1,152 (2,386 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

@crinrict I talked with EA and their experts said it's a bug they are going to fix. And the solution that you tagged me to see didn't work for me.

Message 636 of 1,152 (2,381 Views)

Hero
@asmoshingeki Sorry I couldn't help. Let me know if you find any further info.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 637 of 1,152 (2,379 Views)

Sims 4 Language Glitch

★★ Novice

I got a Sims 4 Language Glitch

Hello everyone! So since i got this language glitch and i don't know how to fix it i asked the EA Community because EA itself won't help me. So i have not installed any language Mods that could damage my language settings in any way nor have any Mods in my Sims 4 Mods File. I tried to Repair it several times but it just won't work. I got the latest updates just FYI. I hope someone has an explanation or an answer to "How i can fix this mess". Thank you

Message 638 of 1,152 (2,160 Views)

@whaydfuc  I've merged your post with the master thread on this issue.  Please try the steps described in the initial post.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 639 of 1,152 (2,148 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This solved my issue but it is very very important to have the languages matching because Origin was in Spanish and my game in English, if you would consider changing those notes to before the description of the first method, I think it would help a lot. Thanks a thousand for the help!

Message 640 of 1,152 (2,113 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help