Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Codes instead of text/ Blank text and bubbles

by seeurock55

Original Post

Re: Names does not appear in the Realm of Magic World

★★★★★ Novice

@crinrict 

1. I only have english string file in GP08(I reinstalled the game again in english amd deleted the polish one)

2. I bought in Lithuania but I can only change to English in origin support language

3. In every other pack everything shows except for The Realm of Magic

Message 621 of 1,152 (1,019 Views)

Hero
@asmoshingeki But you could install it in Polish ?

If you have the english string file, the interactions should be there. Could you open it in a text file to see if it has any content ?

Could you also post a picture of the language options in Origin ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 622 of 1,152 (1,015 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@crinrict The file is not empty.

Message 623 of 1,152 (992 Views)

★★ Novice

@crinrict 

I bought my game in Denmark. Never had a problem with missing text strings before Realm of Magic. The text string for my language is in the GP08 folder, however, if I change the language back to my own and load up the game, the problem persists: Every text related to RoM is blank. Really confused as to why it is happening. 

Message 624 of 1,152 (985 Views)

Hero
@asmoshingeki
@Akejsa I'm at loss and have no further ideas. You might wanna contact custom support to see if everything is in order on your account.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 625 of 1,152 (978 Views)

★★ Novice

@crinrict  Forgive my helpness, but how do I personally contact them? Little confused by all the different contact methods. 

Message 626 of 1,152 (974 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Game advisors can be found through live chat or call-back

Click on this this link for fast finding https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/ 

In Details here: How to contact a Game Advisor

If they send you back here (which may happen), please post again and tag me.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 627 of 1,152 (971 Views)

Re: Realm of magic world not working

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I've got the same issue too. All items in build/buy mode says **debug** and all interactions regarding magic is merely a plain white screen.

* I have reinstalled the game twice

* I have attempted repair several times

* I deleted all my saves and gallery stuff

* I deleted files in the sims 4 folder to force a reinstall

But without success. Strangely enough though, when I switch the in game language from English to Norwegian it all works perfectly fine, but the issue returns when I switch it back to English.. I'm baffled...

Message 628 of 1,152 (954 Views)

Re: Realm of magic world not working

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Sir_Staros - I've moved your post to the thread on this issue. After I did that, I realized that you have also posted in this thread Standard smile

Please try the solutions in the first post and update one of your posts to let us know if this fixed your issue, or if you continue to have difficulties. Thanks!

Message 629 of 1,152 (938 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Codes instead of text/ Blank text and bubbles

★ Guide

Hi I am having this problem, for me I can't see the names of plants, frogs collectables and things like that. This is a big problem because the spell book shows no ingredients for potions etc so I can't properly play the new pack. the text file for these is blank and completely missing and I can't figure out how to fix it. As for the language, I can't change it. the only language available is English US. Any help would be very appreciated thanks.

Message 630 of 1,152 (891 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help