Re: Blank bubbles and descriptions - Realm of Magic

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Missing texts and names in Realm of Magic world

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I'm having this exact problem, but with every new action and item in the game. The aspirations are blank, the item descriptions are blank, everything. 
I've tried removing mods, disabling, repairing, making a new sim and save and have even tried reinstalling the game, but the error still occurs.

Message 601 of 1,152 (1,223 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yeah I'm creating a sim right now and noticing the same thing, no text on the aspiration so no idea what it requires. So right now the new content is literally unplayable. How could this happen? What causes it.

Message 602 of 1,152 (1,213 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem. I also had this problem with the moshino pack. Everytime I want to do any of the new actions that come with this pack it doesnt say anything which means that the gameplay useless is right now.

Message 603 of 1,152 (1,166 Views)

Re: Names does not appear in the Realm of Magic World

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Zuzkas77 We had this issue before where that correct file just didn't download properly. I'll try switching the language to Czech (that's going to be an adventure) to see if it downloads for me once I'm done with the bug forum.

@Knazysauce Also merged your thread. Please try suggestions on the first post.

@Lunasoul  @fam-cruts for awareness

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 604 of 1,152 (1,163 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Sadly this didn't work. Changed the language about 10 times back and forward on different languages. It worked on some languages but I couldn't play as that language as I didn't understand anything but changing it back to english didn't work. I tried the "fool origin that the game isn't installed to force update" fix too but no. I kept checking in GP08 folder in Origin Games/The Sims 4 and the "Strings_ENG_US" never existed. I tried deleting the folder and forcing origin to redownload/install it but still no file.

What worked was changing the name of the folder to The Sims 4 Backup. (fooling origin the game isnt installed) and then install The Sims 4 and Realm of Magic. Not the other packs. Then once downloaded I stole the entire GP08 (cause now the file existed) folder and pasted it on the backup one, then deleted the new The Sims 4 folder and changed the backup one to The Sims 4. It was hassle but it worked. So pretty much reinstalling the game but skipping the other gamepacks/expansions etc.
Message 605 of 1,152 (1,140 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@Zuzkas77 I tested. Worked fine for me.

Did you reinstall yet ?

You could try moving the GP08 folder (in programs) to the desktop and then re-download it through Origin.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 606 of 1,152 (1,131 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@crinrict 

Deleting the folder didn't help. But I found the issue, I only had Strings_ENG_US.package and not Strings_CZE_CZ.package in my GP08 folder. I managed to get it from a friend who didn't have the problem and now it works. I don't know why it only installed the english language no matter what I did :/ I tried installing both the base game and only the Realm of Magic without the other packs and stuff to a new, fresh place and it still installed only the english strings file...

Message 607 of 1,152 (1,080 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@crinrict I tried to change the language but my game only supports English(checked in the game options in the origin). Tried to reinstall it, had the same issue. What should I do?

Message 608 of 1,152 (1,072 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@crinrict I changed a language and still had the same issue. I reinstalled the game in the different language and the issue was still there. What should I do?

Message 609 of 1,152 (1,044 Views)

Hero
@asmoshingeki Which language is not working for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 610 of 1,152 (1,029 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help