Missing texts and names in Realm of Magic world

by Knazysauce

Original Post

Re: Dialogue and descriptions bugged in the Moschino Pack

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Sul Sul, @Nyxend!!!

First of all, thanks for taking the time to raise this issue to our team! We appreciate your help a lot. :eahigh_file:

In case you did not have a look at this page with basic troubleshooting steps yet, I would highly recommend you going through those and to check afterwards if the issue persists.
If you see the issue continuing to happen, it would be great if you could provide us with a save file of your game.

Thanks again and Happy Simming! Party hat

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 591 of 1,152 (2,283 Views)

Re: Dialogue and descriptions bugged in the Moschino Pack

Hero
@Nyxend This is a known issue and has to do with the language file not downloading properly. I merged your post with the existing thread on the issue.

Please try the suggestions on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 592 of 1,152 (2,238 Views)

Names does not appear in the Realm of Magic World

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every expansion, every game and stuff pack including the recent one- The Realm of Magic
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to look in your game and see if there is an issue.
What happens when the bug occurs? Name of the realm of magic world does not appear, households that are there are named PREMADEHOUSEHOLDTEMPLATE_CHARM and options that come are related to the magic does not appear.
What do you expect to see? EA trying to fix this.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Even after removing all my mods, the bug is still there.

Name of the realm of magic world does not appear, households that are there are named PREMADEHOUSEHOLDTEMPLATE_CHARM and options that come are related to the magic does not appear. Even after removing all my mods, the bug is still there.

Message 593 of 1,152 (2,092 Views)

Re: Names does not appear in the Realm of Magic World

Hero
@asmoshingeki That's usually an issue with the string file not being downloaded properly.

I merged your post with the existing thread on this. Please try the workarounds on the first page.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 594 of 1,152 (2,080 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@crinrict I tried repairing my game and making sims4_backup folder but the bug is still there. Is there a way maybe to reinstall the pack, or should I reinstall my game completely?

Message 595 of 1,152 (2,067 Views)

Blank bubbles and descriptions - Realm of Magic

★★★★ Novice

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I play in Czech, but it didn't let me choose, so I chose English. I'm not sure if it'll show for you as a friend who plays in english doesn't have this problem. But it's basically any of the interactions from the Realm of Magic. They show as blank bubbles, the same for the description of the new aspirations.
What happens when the bug occurs? I try any of the interactions from the new Realm of Magic pack, and only blanks show up.
What do you expect to see? There should be text and descriptions.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

It shows like this, this is a screen I took while I had my mods on, but I removed every cc I had, tried to repair the game and the problem is still there.

Message 596 of 1,152 (2,045 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@asmoshingeki If you can change the language, try that first. If not, there's another workaround you can try before reinstalling (first page)

@Zuzkas77 Same for you. Could you please try the suggestions on the first page.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 597 of 1,152 (2,038 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@crinrict  I tried both of the suggestions, but the problem still persists Frown

Message 598 of 1,152 (2,027 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@crinrict  But I found out that it's a language thing. I manually changed the language to english and everything that was blank for me is now okay. But Czech just doesn't work :/

Message 599 of 1,152 (2,016 Views)

Missing texts and names in Realm of Magic world

★★★★★ Apprentice

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Moschino Stuff pack and My first pet stuff pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into the new world of Realms of Magic,
What happens when the bug occurs? No names on lots, weird names on household and no name on the neighborhood itself.
What do you expect to see? Names on lots, normal names on households and a name on the neighborhood itself.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hello, so I just installed the new gamepack Realm of Magic and I go into the new neighborhood just to notice that the neighborhood doesn't even have a name so I assume it's so preserve mystery. But in the world no lots have names, descriptions or lottraits and the households have weird names like "PremadeHouseholdTemplate". I assumed it was a mod so I removed all the mods, repaired the game and even created a new save file. And the problem still occured. 

Message 600 of 1,152 (2,053 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help