Re: Description boxes show up blank

by texeganjane

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Codes instead of text/ Blank text and bubbles

[ Edited ]
Hero

Just to be sure, you changed the Origin language ? Not the language of the game ?

What country are you in ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 501 of 1,152 (787 Views)

Re: [Info Request] Codes instead of text

★ Novice

Hi, I had this problem with the Vintage Glamour update, and even though I restarted and erased all those things, nothing happened. I deleted all my mods and then it finally worked. Maybe try that. Hope this helps!

Message 502 of 1,152 (745 Views)

Hero

If it's just the notifications, then it's caused by an outdated mod, most likely an UI mod

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 503 of 1,152 (736 Views)

★★★ Novice

Huh, I've tried every outlined step-by-step suggestion/solution in this thread and not one of them has worked. I'm still getting blank text bubbles, and this is with/without mods in the game. I've reinstalled, deleted the .exe and redownloaded, changed the language, deleted game files... no dice. I'm really at my wits end here, I don't know what my sims are doing half the time.

If it's of any use; not EVERY bubble is blank, which is even weirder. I have no UI mods, and no mods that directly relate to skills etc. that produce notifs, and as I said, I've played the game mod-free just to be sure, and the same issue crops up. Any pointers?

Message 504 of 1,152 (714 Views)

Hero

Did you do a complete reinstall of the game and also deleted the cache files ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 505 of 1,152 (710 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yup, complete reinstall, twice -- no game. Just endless blank pop-ups and information bubbles.

Message 506 of 1,152 (692 Views)

Hero

Can you try a manual uninstall: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Manually-uninstalling-The-Sims-4/td-p/3447927.

Backup your user files: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/backups/ then also remove those and let the game create a new one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 507 of 1,152 (685 Views)

new update doesnt show interaction menu

★★★ Newbie

I just installed the new toddlers update but not my interaction menus are showing up blank so I cant see what im clicking on. is this an issue with the new update? or is it just my game?

Message 508 of 1,152 (629 Views)

Description boxes show up blank

★ Novice

I've been having issues with description boxes on my game, I will hover over an object or function and a description box will pop up but will be blank. I could live with this until I got City living and backyard stuff, as I hover over new functions etc to find out what they are and/or what they do and they show up with blank descriptions. I have tried a few things like deleting all mods I had downloaded as well as "repairing" my game, however, the issue continues to occur. Also when I click on objects and sims, all the options will appear plus 1 other option that is either blank or "..." e.g. if I click on my selected sim all the normal options will pop up plus another blank one.

Any ideas?

Message 509 of 1,152 (635 Views)

Re: Description boxes show up blank

★★★★★ Apprentice

Have you tried recreating the The Sims 4 folder in your documents? I would rename your old one, restart the game, a new one will populate, and then try the game out before moving any old save files or anything into the new one. That will let you know if the problem lies in the game itself, or in your save files or somewhere in that old TS4 folder.

That usually fixes the issue. If you find that the issue is fixed, you can then try moving your old save files into that new folder, and see if the issue persists from there.

Message 510 of 1,152 (629 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help