Re: [Info Request] Codes instead of text

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Latest patch. Bringing in the pool.

Hero

@andymarie56 Merged with existing thread. 

Please refer to the frist post. You probably need to reinstall the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 91 of 1,152 (7,554 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have been having the same problem that has been described by several people in this discussion.  Anything associated with pools produces a hex code (or address). The sims don't change when they go swimming and they don't swim they walk on water.  I have done every thing that has been suggested here. Renstalled the game twice, ran with and without mods installed.  Nothing changes. Other than this problem the game works fine. If there is anything else that can be done I'm at a loss. I can only blame it on a basic bug. If that were the case it seams that everyone would have the problem.....

Message 92 of 1,152 (7,549 Views)

Hero

The walking on water and no swimwear is mod related so your mods are still active.

Try this: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/resetting-the-game-to-factory-settings-without-reinstalling/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 93 of 1,152 (7,534 Views)

Pool Glitch?

★★★ Newbie

So I updated the game the other day and when I went into CAS to check out the new swimwear It came up with a bunch of numbers and letters with 3 stars both sides. E.g: ***BE97AC03*** The same thing happend with building and interaction with the pool. Please fix this as soon as possible. Thanks. 

Message 94 of 1,152 (7,536 Views)

Re: Pool Glitch?

Hero

@ColgateCoffee Merged with existing thread. Please refer to first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 95 of 1,152 (7,536 Views)

Object interactions presented as alpha-numeric strings

★★★ Newbie

When trying to interact with certain items, the pie options present alpha-numeric strings instead of the actual description.  For example, interaction with any stereo object: Sims can Turn On... or Listen To... Classical, Alternative, Pop or 858B999F.

New interactions with the Pool object are not displayed by the descriptions at all: only able to choose between BE97AC03 (I think this means "get in") or DC87FEF1 (appears to mean "Swim" or "Do laps")

Message 96 of 1,152 (7,524 Views)

Re: Object interactions presented as alpha-numeric strings

Hero

@nixg Merged. Please refer to the first post of this thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 97 of 1,152 (7,523 Views)

★ Pro

I also am having this issue. Going to try and reinstall now.

• What country are you in ?

- Sweden

• What language is your game in ?

- English

• What language is your Origin client in ?

- Swedish

• Are you using mods in your game ?

- Yes.

Message 98 of 1,152 (7,514 Views)

Hero

Try removing your mods first.

What are you using ? Do you have codes just on the pool/ghost insteractions or on other stuff too ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 99 of 1,152 (7,510 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Removing all mod's and such was the very first ting I did, but it had no effect on the issue. I only snapped one pic of one code before reinstalling. Had to reinstall twice because stupid Origin made the first installation in the "wrong" language, Swedish. I always play in English, but now all is good and the codes are gone and everything is normal as far as I can tell.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i295/GoddessByline/swimming.jpg

Message 100 of 1,152 (7,509 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help