Original Post

Re: [Info Request] Codes instead of text

Hero

Did it not do that for you before ?

What country are you in ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 31 of 1,152 (9,530 Views)

★★★ Novice

It did not no, So as it loaded up all what was present was the Plumbob loading icon. After the re-installation I now have the Plumbob with Hints appearing underneath.

I am in the UK.

Message 32 of 1,152 (9,527 Views)

★ Apprentice
Hi there. I am having the same issues with the new features added in with the ghosts update, and now with the pools update. I live in Australia, my game has always been in English and I have no installed any mods. Now, I have read that uninstalling the game should fix it. I am willing to do this but I would just like to know will I loose a family that I have created? I only just created them and moved them in yesterday so I'm not too worried about losing the friends that my sim has made but will I lose the sim itself? (She is saved to my library). Is there any way to save the in game progress too?
Message 33 of 1,152 (9,510 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm from England, Britain, and I'm pretty sure my game's in English (American English, because there was no British English option) I have no mods at all. I really want this to be fixed, because the pools look so good! </3

Message 34 of 1,152 (9,488 Views)

Hero

New idea: Set your Origin to EN_US instead of UK (or AUS). Then remove the string file as stated on the first page, THEN try hitting the repair button again

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 35 of 1,152 (9,482 Views)

★ Guide

There isn't a UK English option anymore, it's just US English for English speakers now

Message 36 of 1,152 (9,475 Views)

Hero

For the game yes, but what about Origin (forgot to check mine)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 37 of 1,152 (9,469 Views)

★ Guide
Oh that's a good point, I just shut the pc down, I'll let you know tomorrow? In my TS4 Origin folder the string file was EnglishUS
Message 38 of 1,152 (9,467 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I'm in England and so is my game, but with the new pool update for the sims 4 everything that's been updated including the new swimsuits there are only codes but what else is there I can do?
Message 39 of 1,152 (9,452 Views)

Hero

Did you try if removing the file and hitting repair on Origin not work for you either ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 40 of 1,152 (9,447 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help