Re: commands

by Thats_Me_Madz

Original Post

No Text

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.76.81.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all the Expansion packs, Vampires, Realm of Magic, Parenthood
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When I open the game it has no text
What happens when the bug occurs? No text appears
What do you expect to see? Text
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.76.81.1020

After downloading patch 1.76.81.1020 the game stopped displaying text at the main menu and in the text boxes. When I go into the settings of the game it shows random numbers, letters, and symbols. I've tried clearing cashe, uninstalling all my mods and custom content, looking to see if the Sting file for English is installed. I also play through the EA Desktop.

Message 961 of 1,152 (1,039 Views)

Re: No Text

Hero
@BongDonDonger I merged your post with the master thread on no text.

Please try the suggestions on the first page.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 962 of 1,152 (1,022 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Like I have said I’ve already tired everything that was listed previously by you and nothing has worked so if you wouldn’t mind taking unmerging my post so I could actually find a solution that would be great

Message 963 of 1,152 (1,007 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@BongDonDonger It's still the same issue, even if the workarounds given didn't work. It's best to keep posts in the same threads, especially if threads are monitored by EA so they see what works and what doesn't.

You didn't state that you tried a super repair or changing languages, so could you verify that you did those as well ? Have you also tried reinstalling the entire game ?

I assume it's everything for you, not just a certain pack ?

Is it just the settings menu or also the bubbled text ? Could you maybe add some pictures on how it looks in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 964 of 1,152 (1,033 Views)

commands

★ Novice

a few days ago i completed the latest game update which included the sims sessions. when i am clicking the command in relation to the sims session the bubbles are blank so i don't actually know what each one is supposed to do. is this a fixable bug. i use a HP laptop running windows 10.

thanks

Message 965 of 1,152 (1,056 Views)

★★★ Guide
@MummaBear123 do you play with mods/CCs? Did you update these since you downloaded the latest game patch?
Message 966 of 1,152 (1,044 Views)

★ Novice

no mods or cc, just base game, cats and dogs, seasons, parenthood and laundry day packs

Message 967 of 1,152 (1,020 Views)

Hero
@MummaBear123 I merged your post with the master thread on this. Could you please try repairing your game through Origin

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 968 of 1,152 (1,010 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

wiil try repairing it today (didnt even think to try that) and see how it goes. its only the bubbles in relation to the sims sessions this missing, everything is working

EDIT: repair worked, thank you

(merge comments) - Atic 

Message 969 of 1,152 (985 Views)

Re: Game Bugs Dream Home Decorator

★★★ Newbie

Where did you find the methods? I can’t figure out what to do. 

Message 970 of 1,152 (910 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help