Blank infos with the Dream Home Decorator game pack

by mariiepiier98

Original Post

Re: [BY DESIGN] Story Mode: Can't pick Likes/Dislikes

Hero
@JazziiFizzle Moved your post to the no text thread. Could you try a game repair ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 931 of 1,152 (1,538 Views)

Re: [BY DESIGN] Story Mode: Can't pick Likes/Dislikes

Hero
@JazziiFizzle Can you please share a screenshot?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 932 of 1,152 (1,530 Views)

Blank infos with the Dream Home Decorator game pack

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Français
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except Batu and spooky stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just go to the Interior Design career
What happens when the bug occurs? Everything related to the Interior Design career is blank, I can interact but there's no text
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the career content
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Okay, so there's this weird bug with the new game pack where everything related  to the interior design career is completely blank. I can use the career but I can't see any text or notification linked to this pack

Message 933 of 1,152 (1,562 Views)

Re: Blank infos with the Dream Home Decorator game pack

★★★★★ Apprentice

Did you delete localthumbcache after removing the mods?

Are your mods up to date?

Message 934 of 1,152 (1,551 Views)

Re: Blank infos with the Dream Home Decorator game pack

Hero
@mariiepiier98 Merged your post with the main thread on blank text.

Do you have the french language for the pack in your GP10 installation folder ?

Can you try all the suggestions on the first page ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 935 of 1,152 (1,486 Views)

Game Bugs Dream Home Decorator

★★★ Newbie

Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion pack: All exept Snowy Escape Game packs: All exept Star Wars, Realm of Magic and Strangerville Stuck packs: All exept Paranormal I don't have any of the kits installed
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I can see the bug in almost everything that has to do with the new pack Dream home decorator. Most is that everything is without any text, and with the career.
What happens when the bug occurs? Both interactions are empty white bubbles, interactions such as taking a picture of my pet for simstagram pops up a message without any text. During an career event, there is no directions on where or what to do. Event the clients preferenses are without text.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the full text och the interactions, for example when sitting on the couch, the "sit" is gone and empty.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the download of the new game pack Dream home decorator.

I dont really know what to write here lol

Message 936 of 1,152 (1,436 Views)

Re: Game Bugs Dream Home Decorator

Hero
@akvo_lol01 Merged your post with the master on this.

Could you try the suggestions on the first page ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 937 of 1,152 (1,431 Views)

★★★ Novice

Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English US
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed?
Expansion packs: All
Game packs: All except Star Wars

Stuff packs: All except Paranormal

Kits: none
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When on the career tab it is completely blank despite having the new decorator career.
What happens when the bug occurs? See above
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the career information alongside my current gig
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No, I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made.

I recently installed the new Dream Home pack, excited to try out the new career and items. Everything was fine until I tried to travel for the first time in order to go to my first gig.

The loading screen came up, the plumbot was turning, text changing underneath but it didn't stop.

Just kept loading/trying to load. No frozen screen as plumbot was still turning etc but wouldn't load.

Had to force my game to exit/close down. Retired without any mods installed (deleted them from the folder and the localthumbcache file) and I could thankfully travel this time without any problems. But, new problem. Completely blank career tab. No info on my job, my gig, nothing. At first I thought I had lost my job but when I travelled to my first gig I had all the right options to start said gig.

Closed, went onto origin to repair the game. All going well, left my computer to do it and walked away. Only to come back and my whole computer has frozen. Tried a few things to see if I could get up the window to 'end task' for origin but nothing. Had to force my desktop to shut down.

I eventually repaired the game (took 2 days and another crash) and it did not help. Came to this thread and tried the methods listed there.

Method 1 - I can't change the language, when clicking the arrow to choose something else there are no other languages listed.

Method 2 - I tried this, but the play button did not change to a download one.

Method 3 - no other computer to try this with

There are 94 pages currently on that thread and that is way too much to go through reading everything to see if there isn't another method to try or not. Can someone please help me before I pull my hair out?!

Message 938 of 1,152 (1,411 Views)

@edremz  What language is your game in, and what language is Origin in?

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 939 of 1,152 (1,388 Views)

★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict my game is in English US and Origin is in English...
and I just had a thought, when using Method 1 is it suppose to change the game language or the Origin Language as I can change the latter (now hoping it isn't this as I'll feel like a bl***y idiot)
Message 940 of 1,152 (1,383 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help