[CURRENT ISSUE] Camera spins too quickly

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Spinning Camera

★★★ Newbie

Hello, my name is Bekah and I've been having an issue with the Camera of my gaming spinning out of control.

Things I've already done?

1.) I've taken out my CC.

2.) I've repaired my game.

3.) Disabled Origin Overlay.

I do not use ReShader. I kept reading that this can cause issues, but I've never installed it for my game.

I love to build and create in my game, but it's impossible at the moment. Please help/

Message 11 of 70 (1,070 Views)

Re: Spinning Camera

Hero
@Bekahz__x Are you using discord ? That can also cause the issue.

I merged your post with the master thread so please check the first post of this for suggestions.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 70 (1,047 Views)

Re: Spinning Camera

★★★ Newbie

Thank you. Actually turning off my Discord overlay made it work.

Message 13 of 70 (1,036 Views)

Re: CAS Mode camera spinning and lag

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issues, CAS and Live/Build mode. I have my camera settings on the sims 3 mode so I turn with the scroll wheel of my mouse. I tried everything in the previous post, I tried changing camera settings, and I uninstalled the whole game and reinstalled everything which fixed it when it happened to me a few months ago. I’m not sure what is causing it. 

Message 14 of 70 (1,029 Views)

Re: CAS Mode camera spinning and lag

@thiiccbiihh  I've moved your post to the master thread for this issue.  Since you've tried everything in the first post, and none of it worked, please post a video of the issue happening, and a dxdiag as well.  Instructions are in the first post.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 15 of 70 (1,021 Views)

The Sims 4 - Camera Spinning Too Fast

★★★ Newbie

Hi, this is my first time asking a question here but at this point I really am desperate so I appreciate all the help I can get.

I've seen threads regarding the camera issue in both CAS and Build Mode where it spins too fast at the slightest movement but I've found nothing that helps me as the majority suggest something to do with reshade and I don't use that. 

I haven't played much recently so the last patch was probably the skin tones slider but I've also just bulk downloaded Snowy Escape, Eco Living and Nifty Knitting. I made an attempt to repair the files and I'm yet to entirely uninstall and reinstall the game as I'd like to avoid that.

This is not because of my mouse sensitivity and I do not use reshade. I did also disable my discord and origin overlay however nothing changed. I do use custom content and I attempted the 50/50 method in order to try and solve the problem. However, all I seemed to learn is that the game acts up when there are files in the mods folder (empty sub folders etc) despite there being no content in there (other than resource.cfg). I've got no idea how to fix this. [Sorry if that doesn't quite make sense, I can't understand it either.]

If there are any game files you need me to submit, I'd be happy to help. I'm desperate to find a way to fix this as gameplay is unbearable as the problem continues.

Thank you! 

Message 16 of 70 (1,006 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Camera spins too quickly

@_candyrayne737  I've merged your post with the master thread for this issue.  I know you've tried most of the troubleshooting steps listed in the first post, but please try the others, just in case something helps.

If none of those steps makes a difference, please provide the requested info.

Message 17 of 70 (993 Views)

Sims 4 Mouse sesitivity too high

★ Novice

I've played Sims 4 for a long time and it's been a while since I opened up the game. Last time i played was back in November 2020 and everything was working perfectly fine. Recently I decided to open it up again and play a new game of the Sims 4. Unfortunately, while I was making a new sim in CAS, I came to notice that whenever I tried to rotate my sim, it would spin incredibly fast. If I was trying to rotate to the left, it would spin fast. If I tried to rotate back to the right, it'd continue to the left before spinning rapidly to the right. With this I can't even modify the facial features, body mass, etc without it going all the way to one end or the other. I tried to work with it and thought that maybe it was just a CAS thing and continued after somehow making my desired sim. Once I started the game off into a plot I tried to rotate the camera and again, it would spin rapidly. I tried to do the Origin in game thing but that didn't seem to do anything at all and I'm quite frustrated because all I want is to enjoy playing the Sims 4. I don't have any custom content enabled in my game so it can't be that. If anyone can help I'd really appreciate it.

Message 18 of 70 (968 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Camera spins too quickly

@Arace_Gomez  I've merged your post with the master thread for this issue.  Please try the steps listed in the first post on page one.  If they don't help, please provide the info requested in that post.

Message 19 of 70 (953 Views)

Game camera / CAS edits won't stop moving in one direction

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them [Excluding Paranormal as it's not out yet]
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The easiest way is in create-a-sim when spinning the camera, it will keep going 1 direction even after changing the mouse direction.
What happens when the bug occurs? Camera will keep spinning in one direction. Also click-and-drag on CAS when editing face/body aspects keeps moving one direction.
What do you expect to see? I expect the game to react instantly to the change in mouse directions, not causing a prolonged drag in another direction.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Whenever I play the game the issue comes up.

https://i.gyazo.com/d116c00d379410cae965b71438a98226.mp4

• I've turned of Origin-in-game and the issue persists.
  • I've re-installed it [which took 2 days worth of downloading] all the games and packs. 
  • I've changed from windowed to full-screen
  • Changed the graphics
  • Not got any re-shaders on [Or mods]
  • Checked that all my PC and Sims files are up-to-date.
  • I have a fast running gaming PC so there's no lag on any other games I've tried.

I honestly have no idea what is causing the glitch, I've tried 3 different gaming mouses, and the track-pad but the issues persist. It's making it very hard to play the game as I can't edit anything without having to click on and off each time I move in a different direction. 

I've not heard of anyone I know having the same issues, however.

Please help if you can, I love playing the sims [have over 400 hours on it on PC and another 1000 on console] but since I sold my console this is my only platform!

Message 20 of 70 (953 Views)