CAS and Game Camera is Too Sensitive

by XxDarth_TrayaXx

Original Post

[CURRENT ISSUE] Camera spins too quickly

Some players see their in-game camera spinning too quickly or being extremely sensitive in regular live mode or cinematic camera (tab) mode.  If you have this issue, please try the following:

• Repair the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.
  • Disable Origin in-game: hover over your username, select Application Settings, then the Origin in-game header, and disable the option at the top.
  • Uninstall Reshade.
  • Disable any other overlays you have running: Discord, Steam, etc.
  • Play in a clean boot.  If this helps, you can use the 50/50 method to selectively reenable services until you find the one causing this issue.

If your game is affected and one of the above steps helped, please let us know which step fixed the issue.

If your game is still affected

Please post a video of the spinning camera.  There are plenty of free video capture programs available for download.  Please upload the video to YouTube or another file or video sharing service and link it or embed it in a post.

Please also run a dxdiag and attach it to a post:

• Click Windows key-R and enter dxdiag in the run box.
  • When the scan has finished, click "Save all information" and save the .txt file to your desktop.
  • Choose Reply (not Quick Reply), click the button next to the paper clip icon below the text field, and choose your dxdiag.
——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 70 (2,960 Views)

CAS and Game Camera is Too Sensitive

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Snowy Escape, Eco Life, Star Wars, Jungle Adventure, Backyard Stuff, Nifty Knitting, Bowling Night,  Fitness, Moschino, Laundry Day and Vintage Glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Rotate the camera using the right mouse button or go into Cinematic Camera mode and move the camera around with the mouse.
What happens when the bug occurs? The camera rotates and moves extremely fast with the slightest mouse movement. It seems like an issue with the sensitivity or the velocity of the camera.
What do you expect to see? The camera should move at a normal speed with the mouse.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.

I do not have reshade in my game and I've uninstalled everything and it still does not fix the game. I also have disabled Origin in Game. I cannot make sims like this and it is really frustrating to me. 

Message 1 of 70 (2,982 Views)

Re: CAS and Game Camera is Too Sensitive

@XxDarth_TrayaXx  Try disabling any other overlays you have running at the same time: Steam, Discord, etc.

Message 2 of 70 (2,971 Views)

Re: CAS and Game Camera is Too Sensitive

@XxDarth_TrayaXx  If you're still having this issue, please try the suggestions in the first post.  If none of them help, please provide a video of the problem and a dxdiag, as described.

Message 4 of 70 (2,944 Views)

CAS and camera Sensitivity issue

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.57.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every pack EXCEPT snowy escape, vintage glamour and my first pet stuff. I have everything else
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? CAS or live and build modes, it’s a sensitivity issue
What happens when the bug occurs? Everything spins way too fast fo me to properly play or make a sim
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to play properly and not have to use pre made sims
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My game has a sensitivity issue that won’t fix, I’ve repaired my game, re downloaded and removed all CC and mods and nothing else has worked. I would really like to play but at this time there’s no point as I can’t make new sims, I can’t have cc or mods and I can’t play the game in live either.

Message 5 of 70 (2,923 Views)

Re: CAS and camera Sensitivity issue

Hero
@BabyGirl5344 I merged your post with the master thread on this

Please try the suggestions in the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 70 (2,901 Views)

Unmanageable cursor

★★★ Novice

So I had an issue where if I would turn around using my cursor in CAS or in any world, the game would turn around like crazy, it was unmanageable

It was fixed by starting the game in offline mode but I use the Gallery a lot, something I can't do now without having an unmanageable game

Is there anything else I can do to fix this or can this be fixed in an update? It's making me insane!

Message 7 of 70 (2,890 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Camera spins too quickly

@JelkeSims  I've merged your post with the master thread for this issue.  Please try the suggestions in the first post.  If none of them help, it would be great to see a video of this happening in live mode, along with a dxdiag.

Message 8 of 70 (2,873 Views)

★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Thank you so much! I'll try these today and come back to the thread
Message 9 of 70 (2,853 Views)

★★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Turning off the Discord overlay did it for me, thanks a BUNCH!!
Message 10 of 70 (2,846 Views)