Camera Rotation Bug

by number23spartan

Original Post

Re: Game camera / CAS edits won't stop moving in one direction

Hero
@ChrysIsTheKing Merged your post with the master on this.

Do you have discord or other overlays ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 70 (634 Views)

★ Novice

I do have discord but I tried playing with my Internet off and no other application on (all turned off on the background as well) and the issue still persisted. 

Message 22 of 70 (625 Views)

Hero

Have you tried a clean boot ?

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/ If it works in that mode, then it's a background program interfering and you will need to find out which one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 70 (614 Views)

Re: Sim uncontrollably spinning in create a sim

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? French
How often does the bug occur? Every time since today
What is your current game version number? it's currently uninstall, I'm busy re-installing it for the 4th time today
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? get famous, seasons, get to work, vampries, cats & dogs, island living, City living, Moschino, Outdoor retreat, parenthood, realm of magic, fitness pack, live together, laundry day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? move the camera (create a sims, construction & in game)
What happens when the bug occurs? the camera spin like crazy
What do you expect to see? a normal-turning camera
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yesterday everything was fine. Today, i couldn't launch my game. After a quick investigation, it seems like it would be the fault of reshader. So, I unstalled it from my sims game. The game launched but camera was spinning superfast. So, i uninstalled all my game, put off my mods and re-installed it full vanilla and camera was still turning too fast. Origin in game is turned off.

Please, help me. The game is completely unplayable like that. Origin push my processor to 100% everytime i ask him to install the game. I don't undersand what's the difference between yesterday and today.

Message 24 of 70 (597 Views)

@NyxBanana  I've merged your post with the current thread on this issue.  Please try the other suggestions in the first post on page one.  If none of them help, please provide the info requested at the bottom of that post.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 25 of 70 (588 Views)

★★ Novice
@puzzlezaddict Thanks you. It was the discord overlay. Didn't think it was a possibility... :o
Message 26 of 70 (580 Views)

Camera Rotation Bug

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Latest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? none installed
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It just happened randomly for me.
What happens when the bug occurs? I just downloaded this game on my new PC and for a few days it has been working perfectly. The camera was easy to work with. However, after only about 3 days, I found a bug where you can't rotate your camera smoothly when you drag right click on your mouse. My mouse cursor stays on the screen (doesn't switch to rotate camera cursor) and my camera twirls around aimlessly with almost no control. I seem to be the only one on this forum with this bug, and NO, I don't have my camera on Sims 3 mode. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game. PLEASE i need a fix to this bug.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see my camera rotate smoothly, just like how it was intended to work.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Not really, just know that when I try and rotate my camera, my mouse cursor doesn't transform into the rotate icon like its supposed to. Instead, I see both my mouse cursor AND the rotate icon. Only the cursor moves, and the icon stays in the middle.

Message 27 of 70 (570 Views)

Re: Camera Rotation Bug

Hero
@number23spartan Merged your post with the master on this.

Do you have discord or other overlays ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 28 of 70 (549 Views)

rotating/sculpting sims issue

★ Novice

@crinrict if you could merge this with the master thread on rotating sims issues, that would be helpful since i cant post there directly. 

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC (windows)
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? get to work, vampires, university
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? go into create a sims and move your sim/sculpt them
What happens when the bug occurs? my sim spins uncontrollably/sculpting the body parts is uncontrollable once one is selected (as if i am always dragging it to one extreme or another and cannot go slowly) 
What do you expect to see? my sim turning around normally/body responding normally, slower
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? never had one
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? ive always had this bug since the first day i installed (jan 2019). sometimes it went away but i dont remember what i did. i have not played in months due to this issue but got excited that i could buy the packs. 

i have never had reshade. i restarted the game, then my computer. i 'clean booted.' i turned off origin in game. my mouse sensitivity levels cannot be any lower. i checked between every change. im not sure what else i can do.

Message 29 of 70 (519 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Camera spins too quickly

@Squidonika  I've merged your post into the current master thread for this issue.  I'm guessing you were looking at an older thread, one that had been locked so people could use this one instead.

At any rate, please try the suggestions in the first post on page one.  If none of them help, please provide the requested information.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 30 of 70 (497 Views)