Base Game Worlds and Wall/Roof Patterns Missing

by Malalee888

Original Post

SIMS 4 wont load past worlds

★★★ Newbie

All my SIM worlds got deleted after the most recent update.

Message 21 of 263 (1,768 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Base Game Worlds and Wall Patterns Missing

[ Edited ]

@Lvandrisse and @ryden145  I've merged your posts with the master thread on this issue.  Please try repairing the game:  Open your Origin game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 22 of 263 (1,766 Views)

I can't play Base game worlds - Sims 4

★★★ Newbie

Hello, i would like to report an issue. As i was starting up my sims 4 on my laptop its displayed the main menu, and as i clicked play game it took me to the world screen, but i noticed that the 3 base game maps (Willow Creek, Oasis Springs and Newcrest) were missing, only the maps from the expansion packs were there....But all base game objects/furniture were in the game....Could someone please tell me how i could resolve this problem???

Thanks,

Chris

Message 23 of 263 (1,679 Views)

Re: I can't play Base game worlds - Sims 4

Champion (Retired)

@chrismckay1024 

Rightclick the game in Origin and select Repair.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 24 of 263 (1,697 Views)

11/12/2019 sims4 update

★★★ Newbie

Since the update got completed. When I go into the game it crash several times when I was trying to enter it to play, it has also removes 3 worlds from the game which confuses the game even more. I mean I understand when you want to correct or fix something in the game that is awesome however when some of us that had no or really little issue with it and all of the sudden all of this issues occur I mean what the heck. Can someone PLEASE explain this to me because of all the times I have been playing the Sims nothing like this has ever happen to me. I have been an avid Sims Player since the Sims started.

Message 25 of 263 (1,713 Views)

Re: 11/12/2019 sims4 update

★★ Pro

Hi @vampy1868 do you use mods or cc?

• If so, remove them all and try the game 'vanilla' (ie: no mods or cc) remove them, delete your localthumbcache file in the sims 4 folder, then repair your game and test how it works.
  • More tips on problematic mods/cc >>
Spoiler

There is no short cut to finding broken cc & mods I'm afraid, it's up to the artist of particular cc & mods to keep them compatible with the game, so you need to find the culprit affecting your game. To do that,  remove and cull them 50/50 to find it, there may be an updated version or reported as broken on that list. Mods like More Columns for cas,  MCCC to name a few, have new updates and you'll find the correct  links there too.

The culprit will likely be found via the culling method, using a 'fixing type of new' game will help that a lot, by not 'stripping the cc off your sims'.. More tips at my post here on maintaining your game with cc and Sims 4 Update Patches including instructions on the 50/50 method

• If you don't use any mods or cc, try posting your dx diag once repairing your game.

Sasha

nb: If this solves your question, please mark the reply as having been the solution, so as to help others with a similar problem in the future.Standard smile
I have no connection to EA

Message 26 of 263 (1,695 Views)

Re: 11/12/2019 sims4 update

Champion (Retired)

@vampy1868 

For the missing Worlds issue please see my previous answer on this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 27 of 263 (1,672 Views)

Issues with November 2019 Update

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

After the November 2019 update, my Sims 4 game has not been working. When I load it up, it seems fine, but when I got to play, it only shows me worlds that came with expansion packs. The base game worlds appear to be nonexistent. If I click on the gallery, the game crashes immediately. If I try to build on a lot or play with a sim, it will just load forever! I don't have any mods or cc, and I double checked that my laptop is a 62 bit. I'm not sure what is wrong with it.

Message 28 of 263 (1,674 Views)

The Sims 4 University

★★★ Newbie

Just downloaded sims 4 University and now one of my worlds had disappeared
newcrest 

after trying to find the world I gave up and went to play Brightchester and that also isn't working every time I try to play a house or create a house or even go into it it either just does the load screen for ever waited hours and then the game wont close or it just stops responding and freezes or closes its self 

Message 29 of 263 (1,650 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Base Game Worlds and Wall Patterns Missing

@27MusicLover1D and @cutiepiekrystal8  I've merged your posts into the master thread for this issue.  Please repair the game in Origin:  Open your Origin library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 30 of 263 (1,642 Views)