Base Game Worlds and Wall/Roof Patterns Missing

by Malalee888

Original Post

My game is bugging out and previous towns are gone.

★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Im not sure where to find that inrfomation?
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City living and dine out.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure I updated my game and everything went downhill from there.
What happens when the bug occurs? My screen goes blue and then freezes up my laptop or If I go into the game and try to start a household or go to a lot it turns blue or never leaves the loading screen and then when I try to exit it freezes. I also noticed previous towns I had are gone. What's up with that? Now I can only access the ONE town that came with my City living expansion????
What do you expect to see? I go to create a household and or enter a lot and it never stops'loading" then freezes my laptop and makes it diffcault to exit the game. I noticed towns that used to be in the game are gone.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. All I did was allow my game to update.

I did not compose anything because I wasn't aware I could do that via this help page. But after I get a response Ill go back into the game and show you guys.

Message 141 of 263 (852 Views)

Re: My game is bugging out and previous towns are gone.

★ Pro

Have you tried Repairing or resetting your game?

Repair:

Screen Shot 2020-04-03 at 4.45.28 PM.jpg

To reset follow this instructions:  https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/resetting-the-game-to-factory-settings-without-reinstalling/ 

Message 142 of 263 (823 Views)

Hero
@sunfairy333 I merged your post with the master thread on this

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 143 of 263 (783 Views)

★ Novice

I built a completely new gaming pc last tuesday, bought and installed sims 4 with parenthood, and toddler stuff. I see oasis springs and willow creek and the game plays just fine however I have no newcrest. Only mod i added was MCCC however newcrest never showed up even with only the sims 4 installed. I can try repairing thru origin, any other suggestions?

Message 144 of 263 (744 Views)

Can't open save or start new game

★★★ Newbie

I just updated my sims4 game to 1.61.15.1020 and I can't load my household or even create a new game. I tried creating a new game and it totally crashed, and when i reopened it to try and load my existing household it brings me to the select a city/place screen but every single one is locked because I don't have expansions, the default cities aren't there. I don't have any mods and I don't know what to do to fix this.

Message 145 of 263 (792 Views)

Re: Can't open save or start new game

@theYooniverse  Try repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 4 icon, and select Repair.

If that doesn't help, move your entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents\Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  When you launch the game, a clean folder will spawn with no content.  Don't add anything to this folder yet; just see whether you can start a new save and play for a bit.  Let me know either way.

If the game crashes even in a clean folder, please run a dxdiag and attach it to a post.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 146 of 263 (773 Views)

Sims 4 the base game did a h

★★ Novice

What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? University island living seasons get to work get together city living get famous game packs parenthood vampires spa day and outdoor retreat stuff packs laundry day kid room stuff spooky stuff patio stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Idk
What happens when the bug occurs? The base game looks gone all items expect for the roof not the patterns three of them the patterns are green which is the weathered wood shingles my own corrugated castle and sheet metal roof are green and I can’t change the color ,flooring and plants are gone there just aren’t there anymore my sims are invisible the floor says **DEBUG** for roofing it’s says no results found the literally roof types. Oh and the base game worlds and new crest( the free world that was given a couple years ago) it’s gone there’s no worlds besides the packs are there. I NEED help with this I can’t play the game like this I had custom content before but not on this computer I changed computers mid 2019 .
What do you expect to see? The base game looks gone all items expect for the roof not the patterns three of them the patterns are green which is the weathered wood shingles my own corrugated castle and sheet metal roof are green and I can’t change the color ,flooring and plants are gone there just aren’t there anymore my sims are invisible the floor says **DEBUG** for roofing it’s says no results found the literally roof types. Oh and the base game worlds and new crest( the free world that was given a couple years ago) it’s gone there’s no worlds besides the packs are there. I NEED help with this I can’t play the game like this I had custom content before but not on this computer I changed computers mid 2019 .
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The newest patch were they fixed a lot about traveling .

Here are three of my photos that I took on my phone in one of my worlds that I have 

Message 147 of 263 (771 Views)

Re: Sims 4 the base game did a h

Hero
@LadyLuck02 Merged your post with the master thread on this.

Please try repairing your game through Origin

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 148 of 263 (731 Views)

Can't Access Base Game Neighbourhoods After Latest Patch

★★★ Newbie

What is your current game version number? 10.62.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? this worked fine last night but after downloading the latest patch: Launch game Click Play Icon (Can also be recreated by going into Load and selecting save)
What happens when the bug occurs? Taken to the neighbourhood selection screen but none of the base neighbourhoods present only the locked expansion neighbourhoods
What do you expect to see? Taken into my in-flight neighbourhood or at least the normal neighbourhood selection screen with the base options available
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Please describe the patch or change you made. Latest patch forced by Origin tonight

this worked fine last night but after downloading the latest patch today (8 April 2020) game is completely unusable

How to reproduce:
Launch game
Click Play Icon

(Can also be recreated by going into Load and selecting save)

Actual:

Taken to the neighbourhood selection screen but none of the base neighbourhoods present only the locked expansion neighbourhoods

Expected:

Taken into my in-flight neighbourhood or at least the normal neighbourhood selection screen with the base options available

Message 149 of 263 (865 Views)

Re: Can't Access Base Game Neighbourhoods After Latest Patch

Hero
@greigewart86 Merged your post with the master thread on this.

Please try repairing your game through Origin

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 150 of 263 (850 Views)