[CURRENT ISSUE] Anti-Virus blocking User Folder (Screenshots/Gallery/Mods..)

by crinrict

Original Post

Can't Enable Mods

★★★ Newbie

Why won't my game let me use mods?? Every time i click the enble mods and custom content button i save the game and exit but when i go back into the game mods and custom content still isn't enabled, please help!!!!!

Message 881 of 930 (523 Views)

Re: Can't Enable Mods

@CrazyKoda17  I've merged your post with the master thread for this issue, which is that something (usually an antivirus) is blocking certain changes to the user folder.  In your case, it could be blocking changes to options.ini or preventing Sims 4 from updating the gameversion.txt, so the game thinks you've updated for the first time and is disabling mods automatically.

At any rate, please see the first post on page one for troubleshooting suggestions.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 882 of 930 (508 Views)

Unable to enable mods/cc sims 4

★★★ Newbie

ever since the newest expansion pack came out i have been completely unable to enable mods/cc i'll click the button then reload the game like you have to get them to start working but everytime the game loads back up mods/cc still isn't enabled PLEASE FIX THIS IT"S MAKING ME NOT WANT TO PLAY THIS GAME ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 883 of 930 (472 Views)

Can't reactivate mods

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I’ve recently got an sims 4 update and it says that all my mods of have been disabled… so I looked back at the option settings and it won’t even let me active it back? What should I do? 

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Title to better reflect the issue

Message 884 of 930 (469 Views)

Re: Unable to enable mods/cc sims 4

[ Edited ]
Hero

@CrazyKoda17 Please see the answer you were given a month ago.

I merged your post with the master thread.

@Ririmiyaa What happens exactly when you try ? Does it just disable itself again ?

If so, that's usually the ransomware protection of your antivirus program blocking. What are you using ?

I've also merged your post with the master for now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 885 of 930 (445 Views)

Expansions Packs always showing as just installed so I can't use any mods

★ Novice

Every time i open my game Wedding Stories, High School Years and Growing Together pop up with the "Welcome To..." Windows.

So if I try to enable mods, when I reopen my game they are immediately turned off because my game thinks I just installed those packs. I have had the packs since they came out. I have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times and repaired my game and it is still doing it. I really want to try using mods again, Help please!

Message 886 of 930 (344 Views)

Re: Expansions Packs always showing as just installed so I can't use any mods

@YellowMegz86  This is almost always due to a permissions issue with the user folder, so I've merged your post with the master thread.  Please see the first post on page one.

Message 887 of 930 (307 Views)

★ Novice

Unfortunately this didn't work. I added all the EA.exe and Thesims4.exe files and its still doing the same thing. Thank you for the suggestion though!

Message 888 of 930 (246 Views)

@YellowMegz86  Please try disabling OneDrive syncing before launching the game.  (Even if you never use it, look for it anyway—Microsoft may have reenabled it during an update.)  Right-click the OneDrive (cloud) icon in the lower-right corner of the screen to see the option.

If that doesn't help, or OneDrive isn't running at all, please move the entire Sims 4 folder out of Documents > Electronic Arts and onto your desktop.  If it copies instead of moving, or you get an error when trying to move it, let me know.  Otherwise, launch the game once, enable mods, quit, add a mod to the new Sims 4 folder, and see whether it loads.

Message 889 of 930 (237 Views)

★ Novice

I can try that but I still don't think it will work because the three expansion packs are still having the Welcome To... windows pop up. I really don't understand why they won't be recognized as NOT new.

Message 890 of 930 (231 Views)