[CURRENT ISSUE] Anti-Virus blocking User Folder (Screenshots/Gallery/Mods..)

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: "Mods are Disabled" keeps popping up

★ Novice

Oh my god it worked. Thank you so much!!!!

Message 721 of 930 (369 Views)

The sims 4 gallery having just red x marks over everything

★★★ Newbie

Hi! 

Is it just me or does anyone else have this issue?

For the past couple of days I've had just red x marks over pretty much everything in the sims 4 gallery when I open the gallery. If I try to look at someone's creation a lot or sim I just get "item could not be located" notification. This is also the case with almost all of my own creations in my catalog and in my library so I cannot download or use even mostly any of the lots or sims I have  created and saved or shared to gallery. I tried to "repair" the Sims 4 already I haven't installed any custom content or done anything out of the ordinary with the Sims. Why is this happening and is there a way to fix it? I tried to find some information about this but didn't find anything helpful. 

Can someone help me? Standard smile

Message 722 of 930 (363 Views)

Re: The sims 4 gallery having just red x marks over everything

@Butterfly8978  I've merged your post with the master thread for this issue.  Please try the suggestions in the first post on page one.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 723 of 930 (339 Views)

HELP SCREEN SHOTS PLZ not working at all

★★★ Newbie
Spoiler

I just installed sims 4 on my windows 10 laptop.

My sim likes to paint, and i saw that you can take screen shots artistically and then have that saved to a file.

My game saves blank screen shots.....you can highlight grey rectangles containing nothing.....but still highlightable rectangles in the photo menu.

there are no files saved to the file screenshots are saved to.

i can force windows to screen shot, but the UI is included.........but sims 4 is supposed to have a UI free screen shot.

WHY CANT I TAKE A SCREEN SHOT BY PRESSING "C"????

MAKES A BLANK GREY SQUARE IN THE ALBUM. REinstalled the game twice. deleted every file relating to it. 
played it with just origin, ran it through steam.

NOTHING.

HE

Message 724 of 930 (355 Views)

Re: HELP SCREEN SHOTS PLZ not working at all

Champion (Retired)

@TinmanPDX 

Please see this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Anti-Virus-blocking-User-Folder-Screensh...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 725 of 930 (340 Views)

Re: I can't play the sims 4 (I have mods and cc)

★★ Novice
@tEe_hEe233 Same here I reinstalled the game when I started the game it say mods disabled I tried to enable it but it keeps disabling
Message 726 of 930 (337 Views)

Re: I can't play the sims 4 (I have mods and cc)

@ShianSturge07  I've merged your post with the master thread for this issue.  Please try the suggestions in the first post on page one.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 727 of 930 (318 Views)

Gallery Issues

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Version 10.5.102
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, Cottage Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Get Famous, Get to Work, Get Together, Island Living, Seasons, Snowy Escape, Dine Out, Dream Home Decorator, Jungle Adventure, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Realm of Magic, Spa Day, Journey to Batuu, Strangerville, Vampires, Bowling Night Stuff, Cool Kitchen, Fitness Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Moschino Stuff Pack, Nifty Knitting Stuff Pack, Paranormal Stuff Pack, Spooky Stuff, Tiny Living, Toddler Stuff, Bust The Dust Kit.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Opening the gallery
What happens when the bug occurs? When I try to open the gallery, red X's pop up over all of the pictures no matter if i search the name. It also will not allow me to download anything off the gallery. It has been doing this for months, but I've waited to see if any updates help. I do not have any antivirus software downloaded.
What do you expect to see? I expect that when I open the gallery for it to work and allow me to see creations and download them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Attached is a picture of what i see everytime i open the gallery.

Message 728 of 930 (312 Views)

Re: Gallery Issues

Hero
@CBM32 I merged your post with the master thread on this

What security software are you using ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 729 of 930 (298 Views)

Re: Gallery Issues

★★★ Newbie

I do not have any security software downloaded

Message 730 of 930 (292 Views)